The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

malmac

IQ180 55mm SKLS lens f11 iso100 2 portable battery pack flash units on stands to right
GND used to pull the sky back - 3 image stitch.

66inch wide image

Grayhand

I must admit that after almost 4 weeks of mostly colorful sunsets I really was hoping for thunderstorms or fog or what ever, as long it was something new.
But no, not this august.
So instead I waited, and waited, for that still moment between sunset and the night, that still moment when the shadows come to life.
Then there are still colors, but more like a tonality in the gray scale.
Once, in my youth, I was working as a sailor. And the shift into the night when one stood at the steering wheel of the ship was always magical.
But the opposite, going from the night into daylight, is for me in no way loaded with the same magic.
In the evening it is like stepping into a dream, so the morning just become a "waking up" procedure into the light.
But not always...

Ray

AFDlll, Hartblei 45mm, P45+

aeaemd

Great stuff - the reflections really top it off. Also I like the star trails - what was the exposure time?

Mal
Thank you very mcu>

The exposure time was 20 min. The file was very clean with no noise. It was a moonless night and I was able to bring details back from the shadow. THe same night I used the 260 as well for 26 min with similar results. Of course, within reasonable limits.

malmac

Ed

Terrific set of images - both historic but also visually interesting in their own right.
I think they are worthy.

Mal

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Ed,

Weird browser behavior here (Safari on Macbook Air). At first, your images appeared VERY large - maybe 100%? I could only see tiny portions. After clicking through to flikr and coming back, they are scaled to a viewable size. Maybe the scaling would have happened eventually anyway.

Oh, beautiful images, too! :)

--Matt

Ed Hurst

Thanks for the positive feedback chaps! Not sure what's going on with the browser behaviour Matt... I might try linking to a smaller size next time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.