The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bildifokus

So how did you focus on yourself with this MF, Bildifokus?
Manual focus. First measure the distance and set focus. I shoot tethered with Phocus software and i check focus and adjust to next image. In this shoot I used My iPhone to trigger the camera.

Last edited:

Nathan W. Lediard

From a shoot today.... this is the same young lady that I shot in my prizewinning "girl standing on horse" portrait....

H4D-40 150n f11 1/8 (yes 1/8) mixed lighting... tungsten arri t1 and a profoto silver beauty dish (gridded)... oh and hand held ;)

RVB

No More Mr. Nice Guy!​

Almost the same lighting as before. The only difference is that I directed the strobe more towards me for a smother gradient on the background. The strobe is also placed quit near me to get more spill light on the shadow side.

Hasselblad H4D-50 | HC 2,2/100 | f4 | 1/500s | iso 50
Both good portrait's,but if I had to choose I prefer the feathered look of the light in the first shot... :)

Bildifokus

I always use Phocus when I convert my raw-files and it works wonderful. But on my computer it's very slow. I've been trying LR with my Hassy since I use it with my Nikon. But I feel LR has not done a very good job with my Hassy-files when i compare to Phocus. I then decided to try the camera calibration in LR using x-rite color checker.

As test object I used my dog Wilma. Her fur always gets LR in trouble. I often get strange color cast, especially when shooting fully open. With my new camera calibration it looks like LR will work satisfying. :)

Hasselblad H4D-50 | HC 2,8/80 | f2,8 | 1/250s | iso 50

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Couple images from Acadia National Park , Maine

All shot with the IQ 260

This image SK 60mm XL lens. Several second exposure

Roadie 23mm lens. Love this lens . About 12 seconds

Roadie 23mm just playing around

Status
Not open for further replies.