The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bildifokus

Really nice shot, do you have more pictures with 100/2.2 + Extension tube 13mm?? I like my 100/2.2 on S2 and 13mm ext.tube would be a great upgrade for close-up shots.
Thanks!
In this one I also used extension tube 13mm. I'm very satisfied with the extension tube and it make the HC 2,2/100 very versatile.

MaxKißler

Shot these for school recently. I did rent a 120mm macro and have to admit that I was very surprised at how large and heavy this lens actually was. I expected less bulk and weight and the AF is damn slow but qualitywise it left nothing to be desired.

H2, P30+, f16 (which is the breaking point for this back in my opinion)

And another one:

I haven't yet decided which one to hand in. Which one do you guys prefer?

Qamaro

Shot these for school recently. I did rent a 120mm macro and have to admit that I was very surprised at how large and heavy this lens actually was. I expected less bulk and weight and the AF is damn slow but qualitywise it left nothing to be desired.

I haven't yet decided which one to hand in. Which one do you guys prefer?
The first one is the one I'd turn in, better composition. I also like feeling more drawn to the eyes in that one and the oil painting feel to it as well.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The first is classic, the second a little more "attitude" showing through, giving it an edgy appeal. I like both for different reasons, a tough call.

etrump

Lovely!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay have to be honest and one reason I use long lenses is too compress the face more. The top one her nose looks kind of big to avoid that have her turn ever so slightly more towards camera or center with her nose. Whoever your dealing with a long nose you try not to get to far off center or it looks longer. Also if she had a slight tilt in her head it would soften her look even more. So top one slight tilt and nose more center. Second one I'm not as fond of. I never shoot anyone with square shoulders to camera. It makes them look flat. Always try to put some kind of angle on them , it also makes people look thinner. Portraits are all about angles of body and face. Given a combination will create different looks. Head up usually gives a slightly more edgy attitude, head slightly down gives a more submissive look. I mean that in a good way. I would hand in the top one but if you have one with nose slightly more center and slightly down , my bet her nose would be smaller looking.

I would get a friend for a couple hours and just work on angles and looks that your after. Light angles come later but just understanding what angles will do is immensely helpful given a certain person and look your after.

Btw great looking model , my comments have nothing to do about her but more about working her attributes to hide and enhance her. Bottom line on this portrait it's about her beauty.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I would also add to the top one a slight rim light on very low just to break head from background . But a very soft break

Status
Not open for further replies.