The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Shot these for school recently. I did rent a 120mm macro and have to admit that I was very surprised at how large and heavy this lens actually was. I expected less bulk and weight and the AF is damn slow but qualitywise it left nothing to be desired.

H2, P30+, f16 (which is the breaking point for this back in my opinion)

And another one:

I haven't yet decided which one to hand in. Which one do you guys prefer?
I like the first one but they're both great!
Bill

Hasselboy

who is using a mirror lens in MF?
This example is not a good film, I dream about IQ160-80 shot.
Pentax 645 Tokina 500/8 Reflex Kodak Portra 160NC ecsp2010y

tsjanik

Dismal weather, but we took a trip to Niagara Falls. Here's a view of the Sir Adam Beck hydroelectric plant, in the background are the Niagara River Gorge and the Queenston-Lewiston Bridge between the US and Canada.

_IGP9450 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

AlanS

Well I have finally done it and joined the inferno! :eek: These are the first from today's shakedown with my "new to me" Imacon 528C m/s (22mp fat pixel) back. I am using it on a 500c/m, in this case with a 50mm CFi lens. Only real issue is the connection to the pc and getting FlexColor to see the Imagebank reliably!:facesmack:

MaxKißler

Thanks for your kind words and honest opinions everyone. Guy, I was actually thinking about using a rim light to pronounce the kind of dishevelled hair during shooting, but decided against it because I feared loosing that sort of "mystical look (?)". I don't know what it is, but the image kind of reminds me of Vermeer's the girl with the pearl earring even though it differs in light, composition etc.. I admit that it wasn't intentional but I like it nevertheless.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks for your kind words and honest opinions everyone. Guy, I was actually thinking about using a rim light to pronounce the kind of dishevelled hair during shooting, but decided against it because I feared loosing that sort of "mystical look (?)". I don't know what it is, but the image kind of reminds me of Vermeer's the girl with the pearl earring even though it differs in light, composition etc.. I admit that it wasn't intentional but I like it nevertheless.
Totally understand your thinking. Just giving a couple thoughts to think about. People need to know the main elements to create a look. Body position head position, the look of the model and without a doubt the most important the look of the lighting. Of course the models look she is trying to convey. It's a mix of elements that create a great image.

MaxKißler

These are from a couple of days ago. I've always wanted to do a bit more action based photography so here's my debut at that. It was a lot of fun and I did'nt expect it to be that "easy". I set the AF on continuous and released with the user button on the H2. Works just great.

H2, P30+, HC 80mm, two Metz 45 triggered with my beloved poverty wizards (the cheapest radio triggers that work at all speeds :D ).

Status
Not open for further replies.