The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashin

But you had it turned in a strange way that just showed a remote and isolated part of the world.
Instead of showing the civilized parts of the earth.
Ray, I am not sure what you are talking about? If you look carefully, you can see New Jersey. (You can also see Sweden.)

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Really a good one Will.
The globe afloat in the dark space.
And I am sucker for the square format!

But it did trow me of track for a moment with regards to what I was looking at.
Then I suddenly realized that it was the globe!

But you had it turned in a strange way that just showed a remote and isolated part of the world.
Instead of showing the civilized parts of the earth.
A very unusual way to present it :confused:

Ray
Well.....Canada is right in the middle; I can accept "remote" for much of the country...but we're not "civilized"? C'mon, we're not that bad! :)

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
I was in Oregon for a few days, mainly to scout for a couple of longer trips for next year, as well as try and catch the famous tree in the Portland Japanese Gardens at fall.

Missed the tree by a day or two (they said about 70% of the leaves fell off the day before I came). However, it left an unusual condition where all the leaves just feel straight down and were neatly arranged covering the small mound under the tree. Obviously no wind or breeze so a unique look at this iconic location.

PhaseOneDF/IQ180, PhaseOne 28mm, 1.3 secs at f/14, iso 35

PhaseOneDF/IQ180, PhaseOne 28mm, 1 secs at f/14, iso 35

A couple more while wandering through the garden ...

PhaseOneDF/IQ180, 75-150 at 90mm, 1 sec at f/12, ISO 35

PhaseOneDF/IQ180, 75-150 at 75mm, 1.6 sec at f/11, ISO 35 (8 shot stitch)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Is that this year? If so, curious as to what day you shot it.
Here's what one of the trees at the entrance was like on the 22nd. The problem is that it is so weather dependent as to when it is peak. For example, a couple of years ago it hit peak during the first week of November.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.