The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

Really enjoyed looking at your image - can't explain why - probably the feeling but also the composition seems to match the feeling for me.

Did you consciously slant the horizon line?

Very interesting image.

Mal[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mal and how considerate of you to suggest the horizon is intentional. Honestly, it often takes an actual print before I detect such things. As I mentioned to Shashin once, my father often told me I didn't have my head on straight, apparently he was right :facesmack: I thought there was simply barrel distortion in the shot, but it was tilted about a degree. Interestingly, I prefer the tilt. The wind was about 45mph and somehow the tilt seems to convey that better (perhaps it felt as if everything was being pushed to the right.)

Tom

Pemihan

View over the Burning Hills, Last Chance Creek, and Glen Canyon, Utah.
Navajo Mountain is rising above the horizon 33 miles/53 km away as the crow flies.
Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus II 7, SK 35XL. Two shots stitched and cropped to 4x5.

tsjanik

IQ180 645DF 55mm lens I think - multiple exposures.
Mal, many of your images seem like illustrations and they prompt a story line in my head: Protagonist woke up after an evening of heavy drinking, blurry-eyed and with no recollection of the evening before..........
I hope you don't find the comment offensive, but that's went through my mind.

Tom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.