The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

malmac

Mal, many of your images seem like illustrations and they prompt a story line in my head: Protagonist woke up after an evening of heavy drinking, blurry-eyed and with no recollection of the evening before..........
I hope you don't find the comment offensive, but that's went through my mind.

Tom
Tom

You are right 100% - I see the world happening at a minimum of two levels but really many more. At a first glance my images look soft and often over exposed in the lighter areas - but unfortunately this is a product of down sizing the images to share on the web. This image in question is a blend of six images of the same scene taken with the camera mounted on the tripod - my base image is always sharp and well exposed (I use GND filters and such to achieve this outcome) then I explore how I feel about the location through a range of different techniques to craft the components of the final image - some of these techniques include drawing on glass, water colour, charcoal drawings and such. When you see the images at full resolution you can dip into the real textures and details of the world we live in, it is just one has to look closely for the detail.

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your thoughts.

Regards

Mal

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Bill

This is just a great image - you must be really chuffed by being in the right place, with the right camera at the right time. Just fantastic.

Mal
Thanks Mal!
More luck than anything else - I was in a lodge eating a pre-dawn breakfast when I saw the sun rising through the fog; I deserted my bacon and eggs to rush to my cabin and grab the camera. Used Sensor+, no time for a tripod!

malmac

This is very "painterly", Mal, and it belongs on a wall as a large print!
Bill
Bill, I am discussing vertical real estate in our home to see if my lovely wife will give your idea the thumbs up. You notice it is now your idea, which leaves me room to move and for you to take the blame if it doesn't work out.

Hey, just kidding.

Mal

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Bill, I am discussing vertical real estate in our home to see if my lovely wife will give your idea the thumbs up. You notice it is now your idea, which leaves me room to move and for you to take the blame if it doesn't work out.

Hey, just kidding.

Mal
Hey, no kidding. I play that game at home too and blame others without any guilt :thumbs: :D

Nathan W. Lediard

Here is some fun... Its all in Norwegian I am afraid, but I had a visit from Norwegian state TV (NRK) while doing a boudoir shoot.. so here you can see me and my Hassy in action
There are pics and a video... Just got a mail they it will be shown on the national news this evening at 9 o'clock (pm) too :)
Årets julegave til kjæresten - NRK

Status
Not open for further replies.