The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
And last one.
All comments, any hints to make these better are welcome.

[Rupinder
I'd try darkening the sky or playing with its contrast. I can't say for certain that the result would be better, but it would be worth exploring.

Best,

Matt

tcdeveau

Here's one from my trip to Iceland back in May. This is in Borgarfjörður eystri in East Iceland. Hasselblad H4D-40, 35-90, 35mm f/16 256s, lee big stopper.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
(had a visit today at the yard with Graham)
Had a fabulous visit to the yard with John. Great to see his operation and the navy yard. I could spend a few weeks just wandering around hunting for the interesting scenes around the dry docks, cranes, fabulous buildings and the run down officer's buildings. Heck, even the technicolor artist studios there are a festival of textures and hues.

John was the perfect host. Mother Nature did her part too with a $m sky and light tonight over Manhattan but my $50 Sony battery didn't!

It was also great visiting a true fabrication shop. My father used to run a food and chemical mixing equipment company before he retired and it brought back memories seeing all of the lathes, milling machines, metal rolling machines and presses. John's CNC and water cutting machines were really fascinating to see too. Next time I'll turn up during the week and witness the cacophony of a working workshop :thumbs:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.