The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ondebanks

Back to photos:

More outrageous bandwagon-jumping from me - Shashin's Japanese (?) garden reminded me of this, which despite being in France, gives me a Japanese garden buzz. Jardin aux Papillons (Butterflies garden), Vannes, Brittany.

Mamiya 645AFD, Kodak DCS645M back. I think I probably used the 55-110/4.5 AF zoom for this shot. The incredible humidity they maintain in the enclosed butterfly house fogged all my lenses in seconds...so I had to wait many minutes for them to warm up.

Ray

Last edited:

Shashin

Ray, not Japanese gardens, but grave sites. I am blogging about the Mozu necropolis this week in a series of posts. If you could get to the gate in the first image, you would see a large man-made island like this (but a lot bigger):

tsjanik

Ray’s image of the American Cemetery in Normandy, reminded me of an image I made a few years ago of Omaha Beach. I seemed so incongruous to be standing there on a beautiful sunny day, yet the beach appeared as it must have for thousands of years except for a short time in 1944.

IMG2060 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

AaronK

I love the lighting and composition, Aaron, but on my Mac it looks rather over-sharpened - or is it just me? I feel a softer look would benefit the subject.
Bill
Thanks for the feedback Bill. I don't think I sharpened the image much at all - resampling for the web using the 'sharper' option in Photoshop may be to blame. The contrasty light might also make it look a bit hard at this resolution.

Best regards.

Craig Stocks

I thought I'd post this four minute long exposure photo taken with an IQ-260. We were visiting Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. This is the smoke plume coming from the Kilauea volcano.

The volcano is about one mile away, but we could still hear the lava churning in the caldera. The smoke plume is lit entirely by the glow from the lava pool inside the caldera. The brightest portion at the bottom of the plume was manually blended from a separate, shorter exposure.

You can see a full-size jpeg on my website here..

ondebanks

OK, one more from WWII in Normandy (Courseulles sur Mer)...

Little more than a holiday snap really - I only show it as it is relevant. Plenty of issues: harsh mid-day sun; the breeze was from the wrong direction to display the Canadian flag nicely; and the pretty foreground flowers are a bit incongruous for such a deadly machine.

OTOH, I managed to handhold 1/15 sec *perfectly*, if you pixel peep the original!

Mamiya 645AFD, Kodak DCS645M, 55-110 AF zoom at f/13, Polarizer.

Ray

weinlamm

Nice to see some pics from you here, Dirk. :thumbup:

Here is one from me. I have this printed here in big; in this condition, it even looks better - but I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.