The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

malmac

The Warrumbungle's, NSW, Australia

Will this one is for you - you might call it mind mapping - I draw/paint the landscape and then photograph the scene and then twist the photographic image in Photoshop to underpin what my mind experienced, with all its inaccuracies and exaggerations. This is the world as I see it.

It might seem funny using an IQ180 when I am going to really destroy the original image - but one has to see the original full size prints to appreciate that fine detail that lurks below my slops, washes and lines.

IQ180, 55mm LS,

Mal

Grayhand

My baby is back :chug:

There is a few thing in the material world that I have regretted as much as my move to sell my previous RZ-system.

So I decided to buy back the system and the the target was to get the RZPro-llD, the 110mm, and a roll film back + an adapter for my P45+.
And now I have succeeded, at last.

It was a hard and dangerous jobb :eek:
But I spent a long time in preparation and it did pay of.

So now that I have the basic minimum system, I can slowly complete it with an item or two over the coming years.

I am sooo glad I found Dantes inferno, the only photographic site on internet thats really encourage you to bring your GAS to a new level :talk028:

Ray

AFDlll, 80mm, P45+

Ben Rubinstein

Here's a minimalist approach to MF. I wanted a panorama of modern Jerusalem, seen from the west side, encompassing a new bridge with its prominent pillar and cabling, several funky cell-phone towers, three museums, ugly government office buildings, the national bank, the Knesset, university athletic facilities full of high school kids, and large construction projects., all seen from the top of our new computer science building. Tried micro 4/3, Leica M240, but the best results so far come from my little Hasselblad point 'n shoot SWC/M with a P45+ back on it. I put it on an equally small Manfrotto table-top tripod and perched it on the edge of a five story drop, picking it up and reaiming it for five overlapping shots. PTGui did the matching and blending. Had to reduce it 2X before Pbase would accept the "original."

Oh, the little white object in the center of the sky is a security observation balloon. Arik Sharon was lying in state just in front of the Knesset when the picture was taken.

scott
I was biking past the big white phallic thingy on the far left (Gesher Hametarim) probably just as you took this! Just about managed to get to work in our studio in the centre of town before the funeral left. Biking in this city does make so much sense. An employee who was travelling into our studio in the Hebrew Uni (Givat Ram, I assume this is where this was taken from?) by bus got stuck on the way and gave up, went home. I saw that balloon above and lacking adverts assumed it was something to do with security though it did seem rather high, no doubt very powerful binoculars and stuff.

jlm

Workshop Member
another, charging myself up to get out the tech camera (been distracted with those little sonys and Leica mono)

tsjanik

Lake Erie shore after a recent thaw. Ice mounds (embedded with sand/gravel) to the right. What I find interesting is the perfect reflection of the sky in the center foreground. 645D, 35mm
Tom

_IGP0115 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Pemihan

John Day Fossil Beds NM, Painted Hills Unit, Oregon.
Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus II 7, SK35XL - two shots stitched and cropped to 4x5.

Status
Not open for further replies.