The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

This reminds of a thermal pool in Yellowstone, but is quite the opposite. Temperature around 6 F and high winds deposited fine snow and beach sand along the bank of a creek which empties into Lake Erie.

_IGP0137 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

BANKER1

Nathan,

Love your comment "everyone know handheld available light photography with DMF is a no go" is great. But, you forgot that you can't get a decent DMF photo at ISO 800 and there is almost no depth of field at f2.8. Great B&W photos, by the way.

Greg

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Daniels Park, CO
Leica S2/Leica 35mm

I had to push myself very hard this morning to get up and went out shooting. It's been snowing and very cold. And with the wind..., my brain was frozen along with my fingers
and feet. All pictures were taken with an ISO of 320 (by accident). They were snapped shots with either f/16 or f/11 @ infinity focus most of the times except in telephoto range.
I had no gut to use the tech cam I brought with me, it was too slow (mainly my brain!). I really admire people like Ed, Graham or Don who shoot tech cam most of the times!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Pramote
http://pramotelaoprasert.zenfolio.com/

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

Pentax 645D with 25mm DA lens and 200mm f4 6x7 lens (with Pentax adaptor).
All taken looking out between 'the heads' in Sydney out towards the Pacific at dawn.

[/url]
_IGP6346Step14CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (105k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
PanoFromFiles_IGP6370-84(AllFiles)Step8SpotSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (105k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
_IGP6390Step6CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (105k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
_IGP6339Step6CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (105k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
_IGP6335Step7sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (105k+ views - thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

Ferries are the famous 'Manly Ferry'.

synn

Unremarkable shot, but I was testing out the 35mm f/3.5 Mamiya lens on the Credo 40.
Tonnes of detail in the center. Edges are comparatively soft until f/11, but the lens correction module in Capture One helps level the playground. There's visible distortion though, so a bit of the image will be lost after correction.

I also like the color rendition of this lens. I mostly want to use it for environmental portraits and I feel that it will be good for this purpose.

Quentin_Bargate

Olivia

H5D, 120mm Macro.

Pont in issue: Is Internet Explorer ICC color aware on Windows 8.1? Using a wide gamut monitor, sRGB images look over saturated, a classic symptom of a non colour aware browser. Poor Olivia looked radioactive before I switched my monitor to sRGB mode. All looks fine on an iPad.

tsjanik

Unremarkable shot, but I was testing out the 35mm f/3.5 Mamiya lens on the Credo 40.
Tonnes of detail in the center. Edges are comparatively soft until f/11, but the lens correction module in Capture One helps level the playground. There's visible distortion though, so a bit of the image will be lost after correction.

I also like the color rendition of this lens. I mostly want to use it for environmental portraits and I feel that it will be good for this purpose.
I like it, but what is truly remarkable is that in an area of apparently high population density I can see no evidence of anyone in that shot.:confused:

Tom

Shashin

I like it, but what is truly remarkable is that in an area of apparently high population density I can see no evidence of anyone in that shot.:confused:

Tom

In all my travels there is one human constant--no one likes getting up early in the morning…

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.