The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

laopai

Hi all:
More from my father's lost for 72 years negatives. I have concentrated in bringing back to life the "fine art" images so far. Now I am bringing you some of the island's history. Here are some from my father's collection of "pound boat" images...truly "men at work". Several of our more senior friends here had Fathers and Grandfathers in the pound fishery business...long since gone. Hearty Norwegians who went several miles at sea in glorified row boats, Planted pilings in the ocean, and strung "pound nets" from them. Every morning before sunrise, they would go to sea to empty their catch into the boats. They were then separated into woven baskets as to type, size, etc.
Thanks for looking. Enjoy
Dave
Great shots! I actually went on searching the net regarding "Pound Fishing" and learned a lot. It's surely educational.

BTW, the folks at www.xitek.com ask me to say thank you for the great pictures of your dad, as well as the great story that you tell us.

laopai

dogstarnyc

Ed,

All parents seeing your magic shots are smiling ear to ear..... These photos bring it all back.... All the happy memories, the learning, the togetherness and the love.

My two are 4 and almost 7 and you end up just loving them more and more....

Wonderful images, thanks so much for bring back floods of special memories....

One dad's tip..... Never try to feed a baby and change the other end at the same....

Steve

D&A

Wow, haven't been to this thread for a few days and come to find some incredable surprises besides all the wonderful imagery.

Ed, congratulations to you and your family! How adorably cute and the pictures are simply touching and evoke so much happiness and joy of these early precious moments.To think, it won't be long before not only will the little one be asking to borrow not only the keys to your car, but by then possibly your 645D VIII, you know the one with 360 MP full frame sensor, although we'll still be using all those legacy lenses of yesterday.

Seriously though, life will never be the same, but in the way of a most fantastic journey of experiences and love one can ever imagine. Looking forward to seeing more pics!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

I too am fascinated by pound fishing and just read up on it. Facinanting images and both from a historical viewpoint as well as recalling some personal history and memories of LBI, they (the images) are truly remarkable. I think many of us are taking a small journey through your eyes Dave....I know I am and looking forward to more of your scans. Lovely!

Dave (D&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.