The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

malmac

Been a bit busy to post recently but last week had a few nights at Lamington National Park and here is an image from that trip.

IQ180, 35mm lens

mal

D&A

Gee...I think I will rethink about the FA400mm lens after seeing this. I tried 2 copies of this lens but gave up.
Thats interesting. I've seen good consistancy between samples of the 400mm I've tried but on the other hand, for critial work, I did find it best to stop it down at least one full f-stop for max. apature.

Dave (D&A)

laopai

Thats interesting. I've seen good consistancy between samples of the 400mm I've tried but on the other hand, for critial work, I did find it best to stop it down at least one full f-stop for max. apature.

Dave (D&A)
Could be my bad luck.

Now when I rethink this, it could be that I put the standard too high that I used DFA 55mm/2.8 as a reference and focused too much on 100% crops. Anyway, these are two test shots. The moon shot was highly cropped and should close to 100%.

ondebanks

Could be my bad luck.

Now when I rethink this, it could be that I put the standard too high that I used DFA 55mm/2.8 as a reference and focused too much on 100% crops. Anyway, these are two test shots. The moon shot was highly cropped and should close to 100%.

That's good lunar detail for 400mm focal length. Hard to see much scope for improvement, other going to smaller pixels or a longer lens.

Ray (longtime lunar-tic :))

tsjanik

Gee...I think I will rethink about the FA400mm lens after seeing this. I tried 2 copies of this lens but gave up.
I have found it to be a very sharp lens; of course focus must be spot on and shutter shake can be an issue. The goose shot posted is a heavy crop and was handheld. I find the eye fascinating and somewhat alien looking. A 700 pixel crop of the eye. Imagine if I had used a tripod.

malmac

One more image from the ancient Antarctic Beech forest in Lamington National Park. Some of these trees are estimated to be over 2000 years old - but the amazing thing is that this species of tree evolved when Africa and Australia were part of one super continent. How time flies by.

Mal

Nathan W. Lediard

Spent one of my free days doing what I do at work every day... photographing... :)
I spent the day with Damien Lovegrove on a one day workshop here in Norway, a very enjoyable day which filled me with inspiration for the coming portrait season...

H4D-40 HC150n @ f3,4 1/800 iso 100

Status
Not open for further replies.