The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

Two pictures from Sydney Harbor Bridge at sunset. The lens should be DFA55.

Very nice shots from and of the Harbour Bridge. Interesting use of colour balance as well - creates an intriguing mood :)

As a geeky aside, the ferry you see in the first shot is a Manly ferry - a route that does not involve running under the bridge like this. So it must be returning to the depot at Balmain (judging by the time of the shot, at the end of the evening peak period, after which fewer vessels are required for the service)...

Ed

Last edited:

Pemihan

Here's some images from a new project I'm working on:

RZ67 Pro II D, Leaf Aptus-II 10, 50mm ULD.

RZ67 Pro II D, Leaf Aptus-II 10, 50mm ULD.

RZ67 Pro II D, IQ160, 140mm L-A

craigrudlin

I had the pleasure of visiting Iceland in Feb. I have posted some
images on my website:

Rudlin Fine Art | ICELAND WINTER

I have attached just a few lower resolution jpg images below; please
visit the web site for more. Enjoy and thanks for looking.

Images were captured with a Leica S2, mostly with either the 70mm
or the 120 mm Leica S lenses. A few with the 35mm.

I was impressed by the low light capabilities of the S2, a characteristic
it is not particularly known for having. The detail in the ice upon inspection
at full size and resolution is incredible and fascinating.

steve_cor

Vincent,
I can't tell anything about your character from this. Maybe you could make yourself more distinguished looking. Such as wearing a nice suit, sitting in a plush chair with armrests, reading a book, and with a nice dark curtain and floor lamp in the background. Or something that shows you working at your favorite hobby.

--Steve.

laopai

Very nice shots from and of the Harbour Bridge. Interesting use of colour balance as well - creates an intriguing mood :)

As a geeky aside, the ferry you see in the first shot is a Manly ferry - a route that does not involve running under the bridge like this. So it must be returning to the depot at Balmain (judging by the time of the shot, at the end of the evening peak period, after which fewer vessels are required for the service)...

Ed
Thank you, Ed!

I was intending to take some night shots of the Opera House and was waiting for the "magic hour". However, when coming onto the bridge I realized that there were vibration when cars passed by. The tripod wouldn't stand still. So I had to take some shots handheld and left.

laopai

Ed Hurst

Hi Laopai,

Yes, that is indeed a problem. There are some solutions though. If you stand within the so-called bridge 'pylon' (i.e. the masonry section), the vibration is virtually zero (unlike on the sections where you are standing on the girder structure); there is a mesh fence in the way, but there are gaps which can, with a cross between ingenuity and contortionism, be exploited. Another solution is to climb up to the top of the same bridge pylon (though it is not open much into the evening). Otherwise you are stuck with shooting from ground level. Or using a gyroscope ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.