The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashin

Don't feel too bad, Will - we still have so much ice on Georgian Bay that our local ferry has postponed the start of its season - usually it would be tomorrow but it looks like it would well be another week yet.

We have daffodils out but not much else!

Bill
Bill, I am glad you are suffering with me, but, to be honest, I would be happier if you were not suffering too. :chug: Misery may like company, but only to the miserable. :talk028: Here is wishing you a quick and smooth change in your fortunes. :angel:

PSon

Inspired by Billy's Fuji GX6x17 image, I stopped by the park on the way to stitch the square sensor for the 6x17 format. Since it was inspired, I did not bring the tripod so this is a poor man handheld estimation of the nodal point.

Original Stitch: Hasselblad 503CW + 80mm CFE at F8 & 1/250s + CFV-16

Break down into 2 images based on the 6x17 format:

PSon

Dusting off some old Hasselblad lens that I have not used for awhile now for some more Spring photos:

Hasselblad 555ELD + 120mm CFE + CFV-16

Hasselblad 501CM + 40mm CFE IF + CFV-16

Hasselblad 501CM + 40mm CFE IF + CFV-16

tsjanik

Love this image!!
Thanks Darr. In case you're curious, it was taken with a 645D and 600mm lens. The dramatic beam of sunlight was created by a power plant and a rock jetty blocking all but the narrow beam. I did apply a curve to increase contrast (no saturation); maybe too much, but that's always a judgment. Although the shot appears warm, the air temp was around 0F; I'm amazed that those birds could survive in that cold.

Tom

PSon

I agreed with Darr. It is a very inspiring image Tom. I love the long lens here to create the looks. Congratulation on this very amazing image.
BR,
-Son

tsjanik

I agreed with Darr. It is a very inspiring image Tom. I love the long lens here to create the looks. Congratulation on this very amazing image.
BR,
-Son
Inspirational image - really got me inspired.

I also think that it could be cropped to make a different image or more than one for that matter.

Just fantastic.

mal
Thanks Son and Mal:

Inspirational is the highest compliment for me; the photos I really enjoy seeing are those that motivate me to go out and take pictures.

Tom

PSon

Thanks Son and Mal:

Inspirational is the highest compliment for me; the photos I really enjoy seeing are those that motivate me to go out and take pictures.

Tom
You and Billy's recent images are contagious.
Best Regards,
-Son

Status
Not open for further replies.