The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I am not a food shooter (and certainly not The Foodshooter (I am more an eater than a shooter)), but here is an image of our blackberry pie my wife made this week. These are some of the blackberries we harvested from our land last year. We freeze a large amount to use for the rest of the year. The best way to thaw them, IMHO, is in a pie crust with a little honey and lemon juice. I think we have enough berries to repeat this a few more times.

I need to get a cup of coffee...

...and another slice of pie.
I"m drooling. I am trying to lose weight. Please DO NOT post any more pix like this. It's immoral.:)

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I am not a food shooter (and certainly not The Foodshooter (I am more an eater than a shooter)), but here is an image of our blackberry pie my wife made this week. These are some of the blackberries we harvested from our land last year. We freeze a large amount to use for the rest of the year. The best way to thaw them, IMHO, is in a pie crust with a little honey and lemon juice. I think we have enough berries to repeat this a few more times.

I need to get a cup of coffee...

...and another slice of pie.
Over the winter, Gary (Bensonga) posted that his friend, Brian had a nice Pentax 25mm for sale. I couldn't resist, and am now the proud owner of that lens. The transaction went smoothly, and I would recommend to anybody to consider buying from Gary or Brian if other offerings become available.

Here are a few from the 25mm.

Rick
Lovely series Rick! (From someone who also lives on the Great Arc!)

tsjanik

Shashin,

A suggestion: the image of the pie could be greatly improved with a dollop of ice cream or whipped cream, but only to act as a reflector and direct light at the berries.

WildRover

Rick,

I see no objectionable distortion in this. Thanks for the detailed reply; I'm sure I would enjoy that lens, just the cost holds me back :eek:

Tom
Tom,
Perhaps the church doors were a poor choice to show, but I had just taken it with the 25 and I thought I'd show it. The church was built in 1896. Any distortion is more likely from time as from glass.

Rick

Pemihan

Ancient ruins on the Paria Plateau, Arizona, overlooking the beginning of Grand Canyon.

Cambo WRS, IQ160, SK 120 ASPH. Two shots stitched.

Shashin

They said if I became a photographer, I could make a lot of dough.

Our handmade bread with Evening Primrose seeds.

Last edited:

Grayhand

I thought this image from above would be a good candidate for BW.
I really like this one in black and white.
This is my field of profession: large power plants, heavy industries, the power grid.
And this is how it looks after 20 hours of work to try to get everything back in working order. You see all in B/W!

I will go to Baltimore next week to try to find some disturbances on the power grid in the harbor there.
I only have about 48 hours to do the job, and I can guarantee you that the second sunrize i will se in the harbor will be in B/W,
independent of what color other people will see :D

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.