The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

malmac

Ed here is my view of that same castle in Scotland - I like yours better it is a stronger image - however we ideally should never be too old to learn from others.

Cheers

Mal

Ed Hurst

Ed and Mal - all superb and inspiring images.

Mal - that shot of Eilean Donan Castle with the mist and mountains behind - just epic. That's my old stomping ground, and I miss it. That definitely gets the 'it hurts that I didn't take it' response...

tsjanik

Something traditional from me. Coastline at 1770 Queensland.

Phase 645DF, 35mm, IQ180 GND filter.

Mal
Perhaps traditional, but given that it's your image, I might see it as an illustration of a sudden insight or Act of Creation a' la Arthur Koestler.

Tom

Last edited:

malmac

Tom

I try, Arthur Koestler is one of my guiding lights but I also include, Iain McGilchrist, G Gurdjieff and the sufi writer Idries Shah amongst my influences and not a photographer amongst them.

I realise that this is not photography, but I am attempting to stay open to the images that rise up from my non verbal right hemisphere as a way of honouring the creative process. My photography and drawing are morphing together and I now see myself as an image maker rather than a photographer.

Also thank you to Mr Cooley and Mr Hurst for your positive response to my images.

Regards

Mal

malmac

Tom

Thanks for that referral, I will look up the book, I get a regular shipment from Amazon to keep the balance of unread Vs read books in my library. I have added the title to my wish list.

I guess I see images as having two sources, one is based on something in the external world that gets noticed and the second are the images that come as a complete image rather than as an idea that gets translated into a visual representation.

Mal

jotloob

Subscriber Member

Ed here is my view of that same castle in Scotland - I like yours better it is a stronger image - however we ideally should never be too old to learn from others.

Cheers

Mal
Love that image .:thumbs:
I have been there four times , but never had a weather worth taking a shot .

etrump

Tom

I try, Arthur Koestler is one of my guiding lights but I also include, Iain McGilchrist, G Gurdjieff and the sufi writer Idries Shah amongst my influences and not a photographer amongst them.

I realise that this is not photography, but I am attempting to stay open to the images that rise up from my non verbal right hemisphere as a way of honouring the creative process. My photography and drawing are morphing together and I now see myself as an image maker rather than a photographer.

Also thank you to Mr Cooley and Mr Hurst for your positive response to my images.

Regards

Mal
Wow - fantastic!

Don Libby

Late last year I tested, fell in lust with and bought a Schneider LS 240mm f/4.5 lens I also picked up the 2x converter.

We returned to Jackson Hole WY in March spending a couple weeks shooting in the late winter and testing/getting more comfortable with the new lens. We've now been in Tucson going on 10-weeks and frankly I'm bored. The upside is that we'll be returning to Jackson soon and will continue to photograph a buffalo herd I've adopted and hopefully shoot landscape and wildflowers.

This is one of the test image I took in March. Standing on the Jackson Lake Dam early in the morning with steam/flog being generated from the water. Windy and cold as only this area can get. I took this handheld with the Phase DF/IQ160 digital back and the 240. F/11 1/320 ISO 50 and yes it's in color.

malmac

Thank you everyone who had a positive response to my images, it is a great compliment when folk who's photography I really admire give such encouragement.

Thank you.

Mal

Status
Not open for further replies.