The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Just one question about this image Pramote - what is going on with the horizon on the left? Looks like it's higher than in the rest of the image. It's got me curious :)
Having just shot and processed a bunch of images from last weekend taken with the 35D I'll venture that what you are seeing is the uncorrected pincushion distortion from the lens, especially noticeable if you tilt it up too. A quick touch of the lens distortion filter in C1 Pro with the 35D selected and voila it'll be straightened. :thumbup:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Having just shot and processed a bunch of images from last weekend taken with the 35D I'll venture that what you are seeing is the uncorrected pincushion distortion from the lens, especially noticeable if you tilt it up too. A quick touch of the lens distortion filter in C1 Pro with the 35D selected and voila it'll be straightened. :thumbup:
Thanks Ed & Graham. You probably right. I processed in PS. Pramote

Pemihan

Young Organ Pipe Cactus in the Ajo Range in the Sonoran Desert, Southern Arizona.
Cambo WRS, IQ160, SK60XL.

Last edited:

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
A few hours west of Portland are miles and miles of poplar trees ... really quite a site. I spent a couple of hours there on my way home from shooting in Portland and over on the coast for a couple of days last fall. Just getting around to finishing them.

Phase One DF with IQ180, 75-150 at 75mm, 1/6th at f/11, ISO 35 (8 shot stitch)

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
A few hours west of Portland are miles and miles of poplar trees ... really quite a site. I spent a couple of hours there on my way home from shooting in Portland and over on the coast for a couple of days last fall. Just getting around to finishing them.

Phase One DF with IQ180, 75-150 at 75mm, 1/6th at f/11, ISO 35 (8 shot stitch)
Wayne,

Phenomenal!
Thanks for sharing.

Pramote

Status
Not open for further replies.