The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

alajuela

Hi

Came across this shot of myself and shooting buddy Pat “Eagle Eye” Belson., prowling the streets of Shanghai. Incognito - That's us in the image. ;-)

You might notice the Graflex in the front of the bed, within arm’s reach – to be able get the “grab shot” - within the decisive moment, leaving nothing to chance.

Phil

ondebanks

Ed, you've no idea how happy this photo makes me! :thumbs:

This mere 6 seconds at f/2.8 is the evidence that I've been waiting for - that for the first time EVER, medium format digital is the equal of smaller format digital, per unit area of the sensor...and therefore superior to it overall, purely due to its larger area.

Just as it used always be in the film days.

Just as it has NEVER been in the digital days. Not until now, not until this Sony 50MP CMOS sensor.

Keep up the astrophotography! It's not fair...not only do you have the best camera for it, you also have the centre of the Galaxy right above your heads, down under. Which, BTW, is why your photo is upside down - South at the top, North at the bottom...be more careful in future, or I'll set the IAU on you! :chug:

Ray

PS. More good news: the nebulae look decently pinkish, so the relative transmission of the red H-alpha line must be pretty good in the Pentax's sensor. Certainly better than a Canon like my 5DII, but probably a shade less than my Fuji S5-Pro.

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

Douglas and Ray - thanks so much!

And Ray, yes it's certainly a good time and place to be shooting stars :) Next time I might try and compose it better!

MARKC

My Parrot model :salute:

This lens is tack sharp even wide opened with DF+ body, love the saturated color & bokeh !! :bugeyes:

AF150/2.8D IF_Mamiya DF+_Credo40

ALPA / HASS V / LEICA S & M / PHASEONE IQ & P+

pesto

…and now for something completely different:
For quite some time, I have been known locally as someone with an interest in raising orphaned squirrels. This little guy was brought to me over the weekend and appears to be about 3-4 days old. Survival rate is rather discouraging at this age but so far so good with this one.

Douglas Benson.

S2 P / 120 Macro@ f/8 / ISO 160

gurtch

Another of my Father's lost for 72 years negatives. Made Dec 1938 or Jan 1939. Won't appeal to everyone, but I love it . The 'bullseye" that caused the swirling sand patterns is a snail shell. Zeiss Super Ikonta "A", uncoated 70mm Tessar lens, Compur shutter. Thanks for looking.
Dave in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.