The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlm

Workshop Member
this one popped up when i was reviewing some from the last winter; like the crisp starkness
probably SK43 and IQ-160

Zerimar

Rick - superb! Would you mind sharing exposure and lens details please? It's full of atmosphere and depth.
It's a composite image shot the same night, one image being of the milky way at 35 minutes ISO 200 f3.5 with the 35 f3.5 lens and a star tracker, the other being really early morning at the first blue light of the lake with reflection at f32 for several minutes, I then took the exposed foreground with the extreme depth of field and added the star image into the shot in post.

Not in camera shot unfortunately, but I am happy with it.

ondebanks

It's a composite image shot the same night, one image being of the milky way at 35 minutes ISO 200 f3.5 with the 35 f3.5 lens and a star tracker, the other being really early morning at the first blue light of the lake with reflection at f32 for several minutes, I then took the exposed foreground with the extreme depth of field and added the star image into the shot in post.

Not in camera shot unfortunately, but I am happy with it.
I absolutely love it.

It's funny though - all these years that the P45+ has been acclaimed for long exposure work - and this is the very first star-tracked astrophoto I've seen from it! (I've seen a number of star trails shots...from yourself, Paul Caldwell, and either Jack or Guy in Monument Valley...probably Pramote as well).

Well, as someone who has photographed that part of the sky again and again on both film and digital, I have to say, the P45+ performance looks pretty damn good, at least at this resolution. It obviously takes more exposure time to get there than the latest low-readnoise, high-q.e. CMOS wonders, but it does get there nicely.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.