The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Autumn is back, it's been a long year.

Cambo AE, IQ180, 72L
So Ed, how bad was the zoo at Maroon Bells? I've shot there myself and the photographer crush was ugly at sunrise, perhaps only worse at Mesa Arch or perhaps the bridge view of the watchman at Zion.

Nice to see the color - time for a quick road trip I think. Here in the PNW it looks like we're heading towards one of those disappointing fall color years as some trees look ugly or are dropping already. Hope I'm wrong.

etrump

So Ed, how bad was the zoo at Maroon Bells? I've shot there myself and the photographer crush was ugly at sunrise, perhaps only worse at Mesa Arch or perhaps the bridge view of the watchman at Zion.

Nice to see the color - time for a quick road trip I think. Here in the PNW it looks like we're heading towards one of those disappointing fall color years as some trees look ugly or are dropping already. Hope I'm wrong.
Just arrived last night so I'll know more in an hour but last night was not bad. The place was totally packed with tourists as the annual mountain bike race is going on this weekend.

Too bad on the PNW color as I am heading out in a couple of weeks. Can always cruise down the coast I guess.

Vincent Goetz

Subscriber Member

Cheekwood Gardens, Brentwood, TN

As some of you may know I am traveling the country in an airstream....check out Alluminator.com

Phase One P40+, 150MM Mamiya Sekor lens, #6 Grad

etrump

Definite pandemonium at the Bells this morning. I'm guessing the weekend had a lot to do with the crowds. I'll make another pass in the morning before leaving town.

Every other photographer beside yours truly bunched up at the end of maroon lake. I had the west half of the lake to myself. They all wanted the usual composition I guess.

GrahamWelland

:thumbs: Like doesn't quite cover it. It's a genre of imagery from the likes of Michael Kenna and Micheal Levin (that I also shoot a lot of) but this is a great image. I love the subtle tonality of the long exposure here and the pop of the static island.

GrahamWelland

Definite pandemonium at the Bells this morning. I'm guessing the weekend had a lot to do with the crowds. I'll make another pass in the morning before leaving town.

Every other photographer beside yours truly bunched up at the end of maroon lake. I had the west half of the lake to myself. They all wanted the usual composition I guess.
Well, hopefully your trip to the PNW will be less cliche'd regarding photo crowds. I was out shooting this weekend and it seems like the early leaf drop is very species specific and indicative of the dry weather (I think we had 57 days without rain and all 80f+) but rain is coming and that'll change everything. The Japanese garden is still very green but that'll change in an instant. Ping me when you're coming up! :thumbup:

awolf

:thumbs: Like doesn't quite cover it. It's a genre of imagery from the likes of Michael Kenna and Micheal Levin (that I also shoot a lot of) but this is a great image. I love the subtle tonality of the long exposure here and the pop of the static island.
Thank you Graham, I was not sure, nothing was going on... but sometimes the simplest shots of the simplest situations do work.

Status
Not open for further replies.