The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxKißler

This wasn't shot with a MF camera (obviously..) but since it's MF related I thought I'd post it here. Note the obligatory wire strap around the eyepiece... :facesmack:

jerome

Hi guys !

Longtime I didn't post anything here !

but I'm still lurking :)

Santorino Greece

Hassy H4D50
HC 50-110 @110

Last edited:

tsjanik

I'm not an architectural photographer and I don't like most of the HDR I've seen. So with that disclaimer: I recently moved to a new building for my day job. I really like it, but Its exterior looks best to me at night. So I tried HDR and I like the results. Any comments to slap me back to my senses or suggestions appreciated . The second image is the first time I've seen moiré issues with the 645D and I did not straighten the verticals.

_IGP5461_2_3_tonemapped copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

_IGP5473_4_5_tonemapped copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Shashin

Tom, I think you did a fine job. They appear quite natural. The sky and motion make the first very dynamic. The color contrast between the yellows and blues are great. You did are really nice job of dealing with the mixed lighting. I think a little closer and a little bolder would have been a bit better, you seem to be standing back rather than engaging. But they are both very nice. Good start to your new photography career. ;)

tsjanik

Thanks Will. I worry about my judgment with things like HDR, vibrance, saturation, etc.
For me it's like adding sugar or salt to a dish. A little bit helps, but before you know it it's way too much.

bythewei

Playing around with Capture One Pro 8's Film Grain Adjustment Tool. With a bit of practice and Photoshop enhancements, you can really create film-like images.

A lot of prior film photography shooting experience helps too.

Phase One P25+
Hasselblad 50mm CFi

Shashin

Okay, I know I live in Maine, but I have yet to post an image of a lighthouse. Not sure what is wrong with me. So, in the spirit of having some fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.