The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

Bill:

That's a very effective treatment that really suits that image. How did you achieve the grainy, faded look?

Given the sharp slop of the dormer on the roof, I would think the house is in maritime Canada, or maybe built by someone from the east who moved west.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I processed this in Silver Efex Pro, using one of the antique formulas. The house is actually fairly typical of rural Ontario in Victorian times. It's near Lion's Head, ON.

It's now in better condition, despite my photo treatment.
Thanks for your kind words!

etrump

Typical scene for NW Arkansas. Not great color this fall, but I like the lines in this image.

Cambo IQ180, 72L

etrump

Last one before catching my plane.

Sneafellsness Peninsula, Iceland

Cambo AE, IQ180, HR40

Last edited:

jerome

thanks you everybody !
Ed, yes, you have to go there : magic place at sunset ! Nice people, good food, incredible small restaurants on the beach, where they cook the fish they have fished just before ! And here you have exactly what means "living on a volcano" !
Santorino is the place of the Atlantid :)
but avoid high season because over crowded (it's a small island). Special point for the amazing painting of 1700 BC !

woodyspedden

Hassleblad 80mm exported as greyscale. Also shot with Monochrom to see the difference. I'll post on the Leica thread.
I must say that i prefer this rendering to the Leica Monochrome! Perhaps it is the processing but the Monochrome file is much more contrasty which, I think, leads to displaying the still life in a very modern clinical style.

i love these still lifes that you often show. My comments are directed at the differences of the renderings, not your techniques.

Thanks for sharing

Woody Spedden

M

mjr

Afternoon.

I've been photographing ice climbers today, here's a couple of random outtakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.