The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashin

Thanks Graham and Matt. I am aware of Margulis, but have not spent any time with his books; perhaps you're prescient, I think you answered the question I was about to post (interrupted by dinner):

Hi Matt:

I can see the effect. Maybe this is too complicated to reply briefly, but what is the advantage of using LAB over HSL?

Tom
It depends on how you want to separate color from luminance. Lab allows some great control to eliminate color problems with mixed lighting. I am not sure why you would go to a HSB or HSL space as Photoshop can handle those just as well in RGB. Ed got me using off using normal in ps layer masks for curves and start to specify luminance or saturation.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Yes, Tom, I ask the same question. This building must have been someone's pride and joy a century ago. In another century there will be no trace left. Bittersweet, I feel.

Interestingly, someone still crops the grass around it....

Bill

If one thinks that I should be taking lots of interesting photos with my new 645Z, well...

Although I do like this one; handheld ISO3200, 125th, f/4, 55mm

GarethC

645Z 400A - I'll give away my Welsh roots by saying, looking at the original file, I am gobsmacked by the detail in those birds.

M

mjr

Evening

Nice sunrise or sunset, depending on how you look at it when there's only an hour of sunlight!

GarethC

645Z, 400mm A Heavily cropped. Obviously this camera isn't a wildlife camera :) This bird is actually on the road on a small island in the Yucatan in Mexico called Holbox. Heavy rains flooded many of the sand roads making them impassable by golf cart, the mode of transport on the island. I learned first hand that the roads were impassable :)

Status
Not open for further replies.