The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
From last year. Finally put this together, 9 shot focus stack.

PhaseOne DF/IQ180 with PhaseOne 28mm, 1/3rd sec at f/12, iso35

tsjanik

Tom,

The short answer is: I'm not sure.
Longer answer: I thought about it, then googled "hsl vs. lab" and the answer seems to be: try it and see what works. I only tried it because of the Margulis book. PS has a billion ways to accomplish any given thing, and so I tend to stick with recipes until such time (if ever) that I am proficient enough to roll my own. I seldom use Lab expansion, but this looked like it might be a candidate. After trying it, I think working with the color editor in Capture One would be better. I'm really no expert, and there are many on these fora!

Best,

Matt
An interesting thread about LAB for those with an interest.

Margulis LAB Color Book - Reading group - Digital Grin Photography Forum

Grayhand

I think this might be the third time I comment your photos in relation to Shinzo Maeda, but some times...

Pramote, you span a wide "gorge" of styles and modes.
But I am a sucker for when you step close to Maeda.

And then some times you brush shoulders with Kenzo Yamamoto.

Not that you in any way is a "copy cat", you stand solid on your own.
But in my eye I some time se a similarity in your imagery.

And I like :)

Ray

Daniels Park, CO
Phase One IQ180/DF/Phase One 28mm

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
I think this might be the third time I comment your photos in relation to Shinzo Maeda, but some times...

Pramote, you span a wide "gorge" of styles and modes.
But I am a sucker for when you step close to Maeda.

And then some times you brush shoulders with Kenzo Yamamoto.

Not that you in any way is a "copy cat", you stand solid on your own.
But in my eye I some time se a similarity in your imagery.

And I like :)

Ray
Thank you so very much for your kind words, especially coming from you.
This is one of my favorite places not too far from my home.
Sometimes, I just went there without a camera. There is something in this place which makes me so relaxed.

Pramote

fmueller

Testing out some new equipment. Pushing a Dalsa sensor a little late into the evening. It printed beautiful (only 13x19)

Jones Point Light
Alexandria, Virginia

carstenw

Sinar Hy6, eMotion 75LV, Schneider 40/3.5 @ f/8, 29s, ISO 100. The Schneider doesn't have the same micro-contrast as Zeiss lenses, but it is sharp when stopped down a little! Long exposures isn't really the forté of this back, but with a touch of noise reduction, it does okay.

Another one, same camera/lens combination, 1/15s, f/8. I missed focus slightly, but there was enough meat in the file to bring it back.

I cannot imagine how much work is required to cover a house like this with slate! Incredible workmanship.

By the way, these were both shot in Goslar, Germany, at the north edge of the Harz.

Status
Not open for further replies.