The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanS

Well today I decided to have a break from my Sigma Merrills and take the Blad & Imacon out for a walk.....

500C/M, 80mm CF and Imacon 528C

Ant58

Hello everybody,

this is my first post in the MF thread. Have been following it for some time and got much information and a lot of splendid images from it.

This picture is from last Spring, now everything is frozen and waiting for the snow (not much of it till now on the southern side of the Alps).

Best wishes for the new year
Ant.

Tech data: Hasselblad H4D-40 with 120 macro, none of which I have any more

Last edited:

yaya

Took the kids to the RAF museum the other day...along with my 50MP P&S....

3 horizontals stitch, Credo 50 with 35mm/ f3.5, handheld at 800iso...simple Photomerge job...

The plane, for those who are interested, is the Short Sunderland boat-plane

tsjanik

Another not new image. I have 0 inspiration at the moment, but that makes me look at earlier shots. I've found this and I like it, the light at the horizon of Lake Erie is remarkable, but would it be better to crop out the shoreline? Any thoughts appreciated.

Tom

_IGP7361_3290 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

M

mjr

Morning

A nice bit of fog, low sun and untouched snow yesterday afternoon, quick grab shot from the side of the road.

M

mjr

Another not new image. I have 0 inspiration at the moment, but that makes me look at earlier shots. I've found this and I like it, the light at the horizon of Lake Erie is remarkable, but would it be better to crop out the shoreline? Any thoughts appreciated.

Tom

Hi Tom

For me the foreground doesn't add anything to the shot simply because it isn't parallel to the skyline, if it had been parallel then I think it would have grounded the bottom of the shot perfectly. If it was mine I'd crop the bottom and leave a very simple, clean and elegant shot. Obviously only my view!

Mat

malmac

Tom

I am a naughty boy - often - I would straighten the foreshore and then I would pull the horizon line down so that it was no longer fairly much in the middle - at first I thought crop the sky to change the proportions (but the sky is so sensitive and complete) - then it seemed better to experiment where that beautiful white line lays in your image -

There you have another opinion.

Mal

Status
Not open for further replies.