The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronK

West Mifflin, a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA. The bridge serves the Edgar Thompson steel works in Braddock, PA. Taken Saturday, 31 Jan. 2015.

AaronK

I don't think I've posted this... back in November, 2014, during a brief warming period, along a streambed in Apollo, PA.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Canyonlands. Sunset with bright colors in every direction except this one!

IQ140, SK60XL, two shot focus stack.

--Matt

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Canyonlands. Sunset with bright colors in every direction except this one!

--Matt
Matt - you live in my world ... :ROTFL:

I'll set up the tech for the sunset or sunrise color and it'll happen at the last place I considered and too quickly to set up again and do anything about it. In the meantime the Sony/Nikon/Canon guys have all run over and fired off ten different images. :facesmack:

Shashin

I'll set up the tech for the sunset or sunrise color and it'll happen at the last place I considered and too quickly to set up again and do anything about it. In the meantime the Sony/Nikon/Canon guys have all run over and fired off ten different images. :facesmack:
Apparently, you don't have enough cameras to cover all your bases (I know you have enough tripods). There is no problem a little money can't solve. And we are here to help!

:D

;)

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
You'll be seeing a lot of this arch around the different Fun With [Sony|Nikon|MF|Holga]...

IQ140 SK35XL, C1 for color, Jack's resize action for web.

--Matt

darr

Very nice treatment Darr; would you be willing to reveal how you did that?

Tom
Howdy Tom,

The image was tweaked in LR, then over to PS for a few textured backgrounds added and blended, plus a few brush strokes to take some of the texture out where the petals are in focus, then back into LR for an exposure tweak. I am currently going through my library files and into image folders I had abandon for some reason; this was a resurrection from 2010.

Kind regards,
Darr

M

mjr

Afternoon!

The sun returned here a couple of days ago, first direct sunlight we've seen for a couple of months. Went back to the lake to see how the light would work with the cracks in the ice, I really like the way that the cracks deep down are now illuminated, it adds a really nice element to the abstract.

Status
Not open for further replies.