The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

Something slightly different... The following shots are of an installation called 'The Lanterns of the Terracotta Warriors' by Xia Nan, which has been sited in Sydney as part of celebrations for the Lunar New Year. The installation was originally created for the Beijing Olympics in 2008 and has travelled since then. Cool location and an interesting expression of the relationship these days between Australia and Asia.

Very difficult to shoot at night time (when the figures were illuminated) because it was always crawling with people. So I shot only the overhead figures by night and did the other pictures pre-dawn...

[/url]_IMG5823Step8sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG5824-36Plus43Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG5892Step9sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG5871Step6sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG5805Step6sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG5797Step4sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG5815Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG5859Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG5863Step4sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG5848Step6sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG5886Step7sRGBSpotSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

Ed

stngoldberg

Lake Worth Florida closed some streets for artists to draw with colored chalk. Over fifty very talented artists created amazing art that started to wash away with a light late afternoon rain
Stanley

stngoldberg

What was interesting was so few cameras and so many smart phones. For each image that I took, I waited in a line of folks with iPhones and iPads...
Stanley

jlm

Workshop Member
stn:

what i do is load one and post, then use edit to add more, as i have to go back and copy the url of the next image

richardman

"Liquation Flea Market"
- I was convinced that the Four Seas restaurant is on the ground floor and the colorful building is a temple - but on checking, the colorful building is probably the defunct Four Seas.

San Francisco Chinatown

tsjanik

How Canada Geese cope with cold temperatures. I have yet to capture a shot of these guys in their heat-saving pose that I am happy with, but they always make me appreciate a warm house.

[.
IMGP0287 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Ed Hurst

After chasing around the city trying to find a location suitable for the forecast fog, it didn't materialise. Fortunately, this happened instead:

[/url]PanoFromFiles_IMG5943-60(AllFiles)Step9CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]PanoFromFiles_IMG5911and14and17and20and23and26Step7sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG5986Step4sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

M

mjr

Afternoon.

Beautiful here this morning, went on to the lake to photograph a pressure ridge that is building up.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Will,

Is that a lot or a little? It's 27,000 where I live...

--Matt

(OK, I did some research, and it's a lot. Manhattan is an outlier :rolleyes:)

Status
Not open for further replies.