The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvp

Outtake from last weekend shooting for Reef. I'm still trying to get used to medium format digital and utilizing it in my workflow.
Mamiya 645 AFD II
80mm f/2.8 @2.8
ISO 200
1/2000
Leaf Aptus-II 6

Derren Versoza

richardman

A row of tiny prison cells serves as the back drop to this section of the Ai Weiwei #aiweiweialcatraz exhibit. Each cell contains a stool where the visitor may sit, and listen to the words or music from the political prisoner. This cell belongs to Lolo, whose song "Raise the Tibetan Flag, Children of the Snowland" caused the arrest of this young musician in 2012.

ChrisLivsey

Beacon Fell, Lancashire UK.

A beacon on this fell has been recorded as early as 1002 and it formed part of a chain of beacons to warn of the approach of the Spanish Armada in 1588.

Portra400 @200iso H1 80mm HC

tsjanik

Winter can be hard:

IMGP0451 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

*Technical notes: very heavy crop from my newly acquired 645Z, using a very sharp 400mm FA. I think the AF needs some adjustment on this body. My 645D required no focus adjustment for any of my FA lenses, not the case here.

Last edited:

WildRover

Congratulations Tom on your new purchase. You've put it to great use already. Now its my turn to be jealous. I've been thinking of just such a purchase as a focusing aid for my *67 300mm and 645 FA 400mm. Funds are tight so I will have to wait. I will be interested in your thoughts on the Z as you use it more (and also pics).

Rick

Last edited:

WildRover

Thursday nights full moon. A full apogee moon. It's a mini or micro moon - either the Lenten Moon, or Crow Moon, or Worm Moon, or Sap Moon (as when the sap starts flowing). Didn't realize until I wanted to caption it, that it was the smallest full moon of the year and the second smallest full moon until 2030 something. I haven't been confident with my longer lenses. I'm usually using them right at the cusp of the day and in the "bad" shutter speed zones because of the light level. Because of the low light, I've had trouble accurately focussing them. I had good results about two weeks ago with my 67* 300mm and have decided to give it a more concerted effort. I had about given up with the 645 400mm AF lens thinking it a big dud. I'm still not sure but this was taken with the 400mm.

I used TPE (The Photographers Ephemeris) to figure out my shooting location, and it was spot on. So much so, that the moon actually started rising directly behind the lighthouse and I didn't notice it at first.

I've done several images of this lighthouse this winter, and may post some of those sometime.

Rick

dvp

From a beach shoot today. noticed some moire in the swim top :/
Mamiya 645 AFDII
Leaf Aptus-II 6
80mm f/2.8 @ f/6.7
ISO 100

Status
Not open for further replies.