The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

A statue depicting the chap credited (it seems erroneously) with introducing surfing to Australia (a place with which it is now closely associated):

[/url]StarTrailsFromFiles_IMG7892-8481Step6sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

Pentax 645Z plus 55mm lens.

Unfinished business - I want the trails to suggest a crashing wave. Clouds rolled in, bringing the shoot to an end; but I will return!

If you are interested in the story of the chap depicted, see here: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/100-years...ook-surfing-to-the-world-20150109-12l3i8.html

Ed

Last edited:

WildRover

About a mile from my house. I should probably re-title this. Twilight implies a little something left (light or years as in ones twilight years). I don't think there's any life left in this one. Car make and year unknown.

Rick

tsjanik

About a mile from my house. I should probably re-title this. Twilight implies a little something left (light or years as in ones twilight years). I don't think there's any life left in this one. Car make and year unknown.

Rick
Nice; I believe it is a 1950 Ford. Someone may rebuild it yet.

Last edited:
M

mjr

Morning

I stumbled across an old train museum place yesterday, stuck out of the way were some really old carriages and stuff, got to love the decay!

dvp

finally getting the hang of my Mamiya 645AFD! definitely not a run and gun camera like a 5D.
Aptus-II 6
80mm f/2.8
ISO 100

WildRover

Peak action landscape photography. Pentax 645D, 645-A 120mm, f/16, and ISO 400 for Peak Action.

Water wasn't frozen, and ice chunks were sloshing back and forth. Shot taken at apex of slosh. This was the only one of several that didn't have excessive blur.

Correction: I had originally stated that I chose f/16 so as not to have to focus stack. My memory is a bit murky these days. F/16 was the compromise needed to maintain focus. I didn't think f/11 would do it. Focus stacking would not have worked well with this one because of the movement of the water. Sorry about original misstatement.

Rick

Last edited:

ErikKaffehr

Shot a couple of hours ago…

Hi,

Just a few minutes from office:

P45+, Sonnar 180/4 at f/11 and 14s. Stitched from two images.

Best regards
Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.