The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisLivsey

By the way, I would really appreciate any views about which of the Harbour Bridge fog shots people prefer.

Any views?
No2
No 1, you know the area, to an outsider the lights lower LHS are a distraction, and yes the bridge floats but looks like it's disconnected. In 2 the road up to the bridge is just distinct enough and the lights not distracting. Both 3 & 4 the buildings bottom LHS, they may "place" the shot for you but for an outsider they are "clutter" and unbalance the shot. I can see a case for 4 if seen on its own but if up against 2 no.
Just my opinion, for whatever that is worth. I often get more "views" and "faves" on my Flickr for shots I rate lower than my first tier.
I read recently of a photographer (film) who doesn't look at contacts for 12 months, Winnogrand of course took that to the extreme.

Ed Hurst

Dogs and Chris - thanks so much for your feedback. I must say that, on reflection, I agree with you that #2 is the best of the bridge/fog shots.

Really appreciate you taking the time...

M

mjr

Morning!

Found a spot yesterday with some potential, grabbed a couple of quick shots but will return for sure.

Michiel Schierbeek

By the way, I would really appreciate any views about which of the Harbour Bridge fog shots people prefer. Personally I like the first one I posted best - because the fog really does seem like an ocean around the bridge, which was the weird effect I was going for. But some people seem to like the one where the fog has nearly dissipated, but lingering on in patches.

Any views?
Number 2 with the 75mm for me as well!

richardman

Ed Hurst - not having been to Australia ever, where do you take these photos? Are you on some mountains, or in buildings, or flying?

They are wonderful shots!

Bit of a funny story, but I took this shot to test how bracketing works on the 645Z, yet I ended up only using the middle exposure, which I discovered wasn't clipping anywhere in Lightroom. The only real difference to the HDR was that shadows seem slightly more grainy when peeping at 100%. I really need to try and find something that can challenge this camera's DR.

For reference the original exposure: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41183616/_IMG1829_orig.jpg

Ed Hurst

Ed Hurst - not having been to Australia ever, where do you take these photos? Are you on some mountains, or in buildings, or flying?

They are wonderful shots!
Thanks for liking them - much appreciated. They are taken from a building, using a location that is not publicly accessible. I can't be more specific - honouring a commitment made to someone who helped me.

M

mjr

Morning

Pretty spectacular day here yesterday, first big storm of the year which was followed by a beautiful foggy calm evening.

Managed to capture a couple of Canada Geese flying in low and fast over the river.

M

mjr

Afternoon!

The spring melt is fully underway here, the river across the road from my house is starting to get nice and full.

aCIDfire

Crosspost from Leica thread... here are some family portraits with Leica S2 + Hasselblad HC 100/2.2 hope you enjoy:)

..and this one with Summarit S-35/2.5 wide open from opposite place looking at previous pictures..

aCIDfire

Thx Mat! I´am trying to capture moments like these as you wrote he´s growing fast and I don´t want to miss those moments. It reminds me to backup photos on other HDD´s. Backing-up data is not my strenght :) My friend lost his pictures 3 years back! after a HDD crash last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.