The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Tom, I don't know a lot about it. Spence's Bridge is almost a ghost town following a terrible landslide in 1905 which destroyed an Indian community. The church, known as Niak'pamux Church, was built later in 1905 to replace one destroyed in the tragedy. To the best of my knowledge it is no longer used, but clearly someone is looking after it. (This region of BC is very arid so it's probably easy to preserve.) It is not possible to enter it so I don't know what the interior is like.

I believe it was a Church of England building though I'm by no means sure! I'll post the original colour shot in a moment - rather interesting tones!

heyyrobert

Here's one, a portrait though - mixing sunset light and a single profoto strobe in a big octa.

I feel like the IQ140 doesn't get enough love in forums. Definitely my weapon of choice!

(and a lot of camera for a 23 year old! haha)

tsjanik

Nice Will. I like the harsh lighting. I assume those are from your garden. I'm envious, mine have not done well.

Tom

Shashin

Nice Will. I like the harsh lighting. I assume those are from your garden. I'm envious, mine have not done well.

Tom
Tom, thanks.

Yes, they are from our garden. Both varieties are new to us this year--Amish Paste and Black Prince (the images are at the same scale). But last year was a bust for us. And not just tomatoes, but blackberries as well and we usually have a good blackberry crop. But this year, the garden is amazing. It looks like it might be a great apple crop. The grapes are doing well. Squash and beans are thriving. We even got a peach. Tons of blackberries. Though someone has been eating our red currents. It has not been a particularly hot nor dry or wet summer. Maybe the vegetables just decided to be nice to us this year--and we thank them.

tsjanik

Another view of the Tetons taken during our trip to a wedding. The cloud appears almost as a spirt, but of course I don't think that's the case. Still an interesting play of light.

IMGP2306 copy2 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Last edited:
No, not needed to yet, this is around minimal focussing distance. I just bought a 120cs which arrives this week so will see how that works for getting in closer. Have you used the elpro?

Mat
Just picked up a mint used one, but haven't had the chance to use it yet. I was just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.