The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Libby

Sadly I haven't been able to visit and look at the lovely images here until this morning and even then I only have a very limited amount of time before I have to leave again as this is our busy season and we need to be able to keep paying the bills.

I do want to add 2-images, both taken with the new Phase One XF and the older IQ180. In short this combination works very well. The first image is from Bryce Canyon Natural Bridge area and captured in a blowing snow storm with the Schneider LS 40-80 at 40mm and the second was from our drive from Bryce into Bluff UT captured using a Mamiya 28D.

DougDolde

Funny how you discover and old image and decide to print it big. Made a 30x40 canvas print from this Leaf Aptus 75S mounted on a Contax 645 with the 120mm Makro Planar. Four Peaks Wilderness, Arizona. "Cholla Love" or "Don't Touch My Heart". They seem so happy.

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Ah yes Cholla cactus - the only cacti that I've ever had to deal with where the thorns even managed to stick into my tripod legs. And then the sole of my shoe. And then my hand ... :mad:

Don Libby

We are in the mist of fulfilling one of our largest orders to date however I needed to walk away from the madness and play around a little.

We received the new waist level finder for the XF on Thursday and have attempted to spend as much quality time as possible with it. So far I had been shooting on tripod but decided to see how well I could do handheld. Of course not being satisfied with a "normal" lens I also decided to shoot with the 28D. This is the result of the handheld, using the waist level finder on the XF with an IQ180 attached using the Mamiya 28D, f/4.5 1/80 ISO 50 and processed using C1-9.

jlm

Workshop Member
the henry bigelow, in the dry dock just touching underwater blocks. water will be pumped out monday. Hurricane Sandy disabled the 2500hp pumps that have been in use for a hundred years, so they have some little drop in sump pumps, only 1000 hp. fascinating process. you can see the witness tapes for placing the ship correctly to match the blocks, which they set in advance when the dock is dry using a hull blueprint.

cfv-50c, 60mm sk, actus

another one, same combo, but sun to rear right. weird luminosity "flare" surrounding mast???

Last edited:

jlm

Workshop Member
32mm rodie, CFV-50c

same rig, sun barely out of frame on right, hat shielding lens a bit, (my compendium is out of whack right now)

Pelorus

jlm and Michiel I wonder how you get such up close and personal access to the docks? Here you have only very limited opportunities like that as a member of the public. Unless a public road gives an up close view, port security is very tight.

jlm

Workshop Member
i have special authority (and liability insurance) at the Navy yard, been shooting here for many years. i do wear a hardhat and today got mistaken for a surveyor with a transit instead of a camera.

i also have managed to creep some very peculiar spaces, not seen by many, and many not in existence any more:

Status
Not open for further replies.