The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Three scenes from a walk along the lake shore today with the Pentax 645z and FA 45-85. All are derived from 2-3 shot focus stacks.

Segregated beach - Gulls on the west side and geese on the east.

Anchored willow. Bent over with branches buried deep in the lake sediment.

Waiting for winter. El Nino pattern has us locked into mild weather - so far.

scho

"Crusty" and old can that someone pulled from the lake and left at the boathouse. Covered with zebra mussels. Click to view original at 100%. Pentax 645z with FA 45-85.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Pramote:

I really like this. And welcome back; I thought maybe you had joined the Sony exodus.

Tom
Thanks Tom for your kind words.
It's been a productive year for work but bad year for photography. Sad!
I've been trying very hard to like the Sony A7 but there may be something wrong with me :)

Pramote

Michiel Schierbeek

jlm and Michiel I wonder how you get such up close and personal access to the docks? Here you have only very limited opportunities like that as a member of the public. Unless a public road gives an up close view, port security is very tight.
There are a very few place where you can get close but you have to find them.

Handheld Pentax 645Z A 200/4, Amsterdam.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thanks for asking. It turns out there was nothing at all wrong with the XF - it was the IQ380 that was at fault. It's now back in Phase One's hands and I'm using a loaner from my dealer, B3K Digital, who have given me excellent service. I'll update this saga when I find out why the back was only recording black frames!

Cheers,
Bill
As promised, here is the update on my faulty IQ 380. (It was only shooting black frames - I thought it was an XF shutter problem but testing with another 380 at my dealer showed the back was the problem).

Phase One states "CCD board repaired, replaced main flex board" along with a bunch of adjustments and checks. It would be interesting to know what caused the breakdown because the back had less than 1500 exposures and had been treated with great care. I can only imagine an electronic component failed and maybe caused some sort of cascade. (I've owned the P65 and the IQ 180 prior to this and never had any problems at all.)

Anyway I'm looking forward to returning the loaner to my dealer tomorrow and getting re-acquainted with my own back!

richardman

A blown common $0.50 capacitor can render an electronic board useless so anything could happen. Not saying this is the actual case here, but a few years ago, a good number of PCs (Dell and many others) died from magic smoke because they used some bad caps from China. So just chalk it up to bad luck.

jlm

Workshop Member
two shot vertical pano; hand held, surprised how well it worked. 006/100

tight spot in NYC

straight shot:

scho

Just trying a "new", used FA 80-160 on the 645z. Two shots on Buttermilk Creek, above the gorge where the trail is a bit iffy this time of year. Sorry for the blurry branches , but we have had strong south winds ahead of a series of weak storms moving across from the west almost daily.

An old lean-to above Buttermilk Creek.

tsjanik

Just trying a "new", used FA 80-160 on the 645z. ...................
Carl:

I think you will like that lens. I know I never really considered getting one until I saw a price so cheap I thought what the heck.
I'm happy with its performance and find it a very useful zoom range. It is a bit heavy however compared to carrying say the 75mm and 150mm.

Tom

tsjanik

We are not having a normal winter in the NE US, so I was reviewing some images from last year to gauge where we were then (also not a normal year, but in the other, cold direction). This is an image that caught my attention. I don't want a print on my wall, as I find it a bit unsettling, but I find it interesting. Any thoughts?

IMGP0018 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

scho

Did a little walkabout with the 645z and DFA 55 at the annual winter festival in downtown Ithaca, NY. I just put the camera in TAv mode with a fixed shutter speed of 1/180 and f/8 with variable ISO.

One of the murals painted by Brazilian street artist Eder Muniz on the back alley wall of the GreenStar market.

A rapidly melting ice bar on the commons. They take it apart every day and store it in a refrigerated truck.

A father and daughter at the ice throne.

scho

We are not having a normal winter in the NE US, so I was reviewing some images from last year to gauge where we were then (also not a normal year, but in the other, cold direction). This is an image that caught my attention. I don't want a print on my wall, as I find it a bit unsettling, but I find it interesting. Any thoughts?

IMGP0018 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr
I like the image, but I'm still trying to forget last winter. This year so far is much more to my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.