The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paratom

Nice pics Paratom, how about CAF on new S? Did you try it? Is it fast enough to track moving kids,etc?
I can not tell yet. The problem for C-AF is often to just have one center AF point.
My feeling is that it has improved from S2 to S006 to S007 but it is still not a 1DX or D4 (which is not a surprise).
When I shoot images of the kids in faster movement with CAF I get maybe 1 out of 3 or 4 shots which is fine.

richardman

"The Beach Game"

As soon as I cleared the sand dunes, I knew I had a shot, but only for about 10 seconds - I mean, who would try to fish at the beach?!! The Hassy is not the fastest camera to use, but I did manage to catch it before he realized the futility :)

DanielDuarte

First image with my newly acquired CFV-50C back. This image was made with a 100mm CF lens. I was familiar with the sensor as I owned a 645z for a short amount of time. The mirror mechanism of the Z broke after 21 days of use, I choose a full refund as opposed to a body replacement.

Plum Island today (1/17/2016)

tsjanik

Two views of Lake Erie near my home. The first, in November, a gentle lake with perfect waves for a surfing squirrel. The second, taken today, shows the formation of ice mounds which are locally called ice volcanoes. The transition is quite dramatic. The ice mounds are already 30 ft high in this image, note the spray at 15F, soon to freeze.

_IGP6228 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

NB: White specs on the shore are zebra mussel shells, an invasive species which has flourished in the lake.

_IMG3177 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Last edited:

WildRover

Two views of Lake Erie near my home.
NB: White specs on the shore are zebra mussel shells, an invasive species which has flourished in the lake.

Tom,

It's too bad about the zebra shells. Lake Michigan, at least here in door county, has been inundated with the invasive shells. In places, berms two and three feet thick and ten or more feet wide are present from the lakes wave action. It's a shame. Areas along the lake that I explored and photographed fifteen and twenty years ago are now entirely different and very unnatural. The zebra mussel, as you have mentioned in the past, filters and clears the water. This new water clarity at first seems good. But it allows more light to reach deeper, therefore allowing rampant algae growth. Large areas along the lake are thick with mats of the stuff. Incoming waves are thick and green. I sometimes bring my black lab along with me on my photo excursions, and can't let her swim because of the scum. It's really a bacterial cesspool. Not letting a lab swim is torture indeed. The zebra mussels were introduced into the great lakes by hitching a ride in the ballast tanks of international freighters somewhat similar to the laker that I just posted.

I've got a couple of photos from last summer that show the zebra shoreline. I'll post those in a bit.

Rick

WildRover

Here are two that show the zebra shells. The white beach might appear tropical and beautiful from a distance, but the shell shoreline is a scourge. The shell edges are quite sharp and one would not want to go barefoot on them. The photos are from Sven's Bluff at Peninsula State Park here in Door County.

Rick

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.