The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Bixby Bridge Pre-Dawn

Thank you to the garbage truck with extra sets of red tail lights!

Phase One XF, IQ150, 28D, 3m 30s f/5.6 ISO 200 + Alarm Clock filter ... :thumbup:

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

Lovely shot Graham! Coincidentally it reminds me of a shot I am going to try later today. If I get anything good, we can compare notes!

Ed

Ed Hurst

Sea Cliff Bridge near Wollongong, NSW. Pentax 645Z plus 90mm DFA f2.8.

[/url]PanoFromFilesIMGP1218and1222Step6sRGBSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Graham - this is the one I was referring to. Not the same sort of shot, of course. But it's a bridge near the sea with light trails, so some similarity!

Notice how in Australia, people drive on the correct side of the road ;-)

etrump

Oh yeah! Love this one.

Bixby Bridge Pre-Dawn

Thank you to the garbage truck with extra sets of red tail lights!

Phase One XF, IQ150, 28D, 3m 30s f/5.6 ISO 200 + Alarm Clock filter ... :thumbup:

- - - Updated - - -

Great comp Ed!

[/url]PanoFromFilesIMGP1218and1222Step6sRGBSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Graham - this is the one I was referring to. Not the same sort of shot, of course. But it's a bridge near the sea with light trails, so some similarity!

GrahamWelland

[/URL]PanoFromFilesIMGP1218and1222Step6sRGBSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

One word. AWESOME! :thumbs:

Very nicely done. As you know it's hard to balance the brightness of headlights coming towards you with the tail lights and not blow them out. My shot included a 30s portion where I had to shield the lens/shutter from a car coming towards me. The star trails give it away if you look closely.

Btw, as a real Brit I can relate to the right hand drive :)

etrump

Man am I loving the XF and IQ3100! This combo has got a lot of things going for it.

Just in time too, I'm using it as my only camera in China next week. That is saying a lot after 5 years of Cambo and tech glass.

Shot this at the CI anti-workshop in Carmel this past week. XF, IQ3100, Mamiya 300mm APO, ISO 1600 at last light:

Ed Hurst

One word. AWESOME! :thumbs:

Very nicely done. As you know it's hard to balance the brightness of headlights coming towards you with the tail lights and not blow them out. My shot included a 30s portion where I had to shield the lens/shutter from a car coming towards me. The star trails give it away if you look closely.

Btw, as a real Brit I can relate to the right hand drive :)

Thanks Graham! Yes, balancing those lights can be tricky. I think my shot was made easier by the high vantage point (which means that headlights were not shining directly at me) and the relatively quiet road conditions.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Graham . I like your image . :thumbup: especially the colors .
But tell me , what is a CI Don & Ken anti-workshop ? :banghead:

GrahamWelland

Don Libby & Ken Doo with Capture Integration Support - i.e. lot's of MF stuff to try out and end up buying :facesmack:

https://captureintegration.com/ken-dons-anti-workshop-2016/

But a great opportunity to catch up with MF digital shooting friends and shoot some stunning locations with the superb support from Capture Integration (thanks Dave Gallagher!!) to try out any Alpa, Cambo, Phase One gear too. I did well, I got away with only spending $1100 with CI :)

Btw, photo is straight from C1 Pro 9.03 with a frame added to the jpg in PS.

Last edited:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thank you Graham .
I was not aware of that info . Attending the anti workshop with an empty wallet might help a lot .:ROTFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.