The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

vieri

Talisker at dusk

A lesser known location for landscape photography on the Isle of Skye, Talisker offers wonderful photographic opportunities. Bathed in the soft sunset light, looking completely different as the tides come and go, Talisker's magic never cease to amaze me. Definitely one of my favourite locations on Skye.

Taken with the Pentax 645Z and the 28-45mm f/4.5.

Re: Victory or defeat?

Hello Antonio,

thank you for your comment, much appreciated! About the colours, I have to go against the usual "CCD is better" mantra - I definitely much prefer the rendition of the 645z, both as far as colour and as far as the general quality of the file goes... :grin:
I feel incline to get a Pentax 645. Just checking on people's opinions. Thanks Vieri.

Abstraction

Thank you so much - you've no idea how much that means to me!
Gotta give credit where credit is due. Each shot you post is better than the last. There are very few people out there who are this consistent. Most run hot and cold (I include myself in that group), so it's very hard to maintain that level of quality for any period of time.

vieri

Buchaille Etive Mor, II

Buachaille Etive Mor is an imposing mountain at the eastern entrance of Glencoe and Glen Etive; its triangular shape makes for a very photogenic landmark, impossible to miss when traveling towards the Glen. Rather than the usual sunrise or morning shot, I decided to shot Buachaille Etive Mor backlight at sunset; a flock of small, white clouds racing over it added even more magic to the scene.

Taken with the Pentax 645z and the 28-45mm f/4.5.

vieri

Re: Victory or defeat?

I feel incline to get a Pentax 645. Just checking on people's opinions. Thanks Vieri.
It's a great camera, and the new lenses are spectacular, 28-45 and 90mm especially so. Oldies are also good but not equally good, and not all of them so; plus you'll be limited on the ultra-wide side, if that's what you need, since the widest you can go today is 28mm (about 22 FOV in 135 format), unless you'll be able to find a used 25mm but, with that, it is very difficult to use filters.

Hope this helps, best

Vieri

Status
Not open for further replies.