The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Apologies for uploading a revised version of a shot posted recently. The noisy foreground of the original has been upsetting me, so here is one using different files for that area.

645Z with 25mm f4 DA

ED...Truly amazing! I really like the composition and mood. Pramote

MrSmith

Iron Saguaro sculpture by Ricardo Breceda in Borrego Springs, California. IQ180, 40-80mm.
if you set a clone stamp to colour mode in photoshop and sample the blue clouds/sky you can easily paint out the magenta halos without interfering with the structure of the image.
apologies if the magenta halo was intended (i presume it’s clipping in one channel in those areas and highlight recovery hasn’t been able to keep things colour balanced)

mediumcool

if you set a clone stamp to colour mode in photoshop and sample the blue clouds/sky you can easily paint out the magenta halos without interfering with the structure of the image.
apologies if the magenta halo was intended (i presume it’s clipping in one channel in those areas and highlight recovery hasn’t been able to keep things colour balanced)
I find the darkening of the tops of the ‘cactus’ even more disturbing; I am assuming that a mask had been applied to the sky (fairly evident on the Toothy Tiger pic), but without excluding the ‘cactus arms’. I use C1’s adjustment layers for this purpose, or layer masks in Pixelmator or Ps for more complex, difficult edges.

My 0.05c [inflation]

mediumcool

A stunning picture! If it was me I would turn it into monochrome, something like this below (which was done quick and dirty, but you'll get the point)....
.... on top of that I would remove the antenna and dish from the picture.
The rusty dish? No no no!

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Personally, I love the antenna collection in that photo. Once you start seeing them, they're everywhere!

--Matt

scho

A few shots with the 645z and FA 45-85 taken on a short drive up the west shore of Cayuga Lake in the finger lakes region of central NY.

Looking north up Cayuga Lake from Toro Run vineyard on the west shore.

In the "flats" area of lower Taughannock gorge.

An intrepid angler at lower Taughannock Falls just above Cayuga Lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.