The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
great picture, but i never really like those "short time" long exposure images, when the star trails are too short, makes my mind so restless
Thanks for your comment. I did not intend to get the star trails for this picture but did for star dots as the exposure was only 30 sec. Photography is a cup of tea.

645Z + 120mm Macro, 3-shot stack @ f/13

A friend brought some mushrooms over from their farm, I liked how they looked so I took a photo before cooking them, and luckily I had a nice basket on hand.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Thank you Pramote. Are you pleased with your 100Back?...AND tell me more about your XF not playing well with some of your glass...I find this interesting!

Thanks

Don
I love it and glad I upgraded from the IQ180 although the IQ180 could be my life-time DB. I don't think my capability would be exceeding the IQ180.
I like it because:
1) High ISO capability. I can handhold. I can shoot at night. If I want star trails I use the Nikon D810 so the dark frame or ariel mode etc do not bother me. I also don't want to put $45, 000 DB on a tripod for 30-60 minutes while I was not around (I rather be in a car drinking coffee). It makes me nervous.
I think all people who can afford to buy the IQ3100 will be able to buy another D810, 5DSR etc for extremely long exposer.
2) Live view with tech cameras. Actually, this should be #1.
3) Compatibility with the XF. Don't get me wrong, I love the XF. It's been exceeding my expectation.
4) 5-year warrantee! I cannot thank my dealer, CI any higher. They've been great to me for the support and upgrading.

The lenses which are inconsistently unreliable on XF - all Mamiya AF lenses (300, 45, 35, Macro) and my beloved Phase One 28mm. It may be just my camera. I haven't talked with Chris at CI yet.
I hope this helps. Shoot me a massage any time if I can be any helps.

Best

Pramote

M

mjr

Very firmly in the spirit of "fun with" a shot from this afternoon with my neighbours kid who really wanted something different for her portrait, bag of flour, couple of strobes and this is the result! A little cliched maybe but it's just for a kid and she looks cool. Wasn't shooting tethered as it's just messing about but would definitely do a better job with the lighting next time.

ChrisLivsey

Battle of Preston August 1648

The fighting in Preston was bloody even by the standards of the English Civil War. The fighting on August 17th at Preston cost the Scots 8,000 men – 4,000 killed and 4,000 captured.
The sculpture spans the road in two parts. Two figures, almost identical in Mirror image, train their cannons on each other. The only difference between them is that one wears a roundhead hat and one a cavalier. They could be brothers.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
New building in TriBeCa. Leica S(006), 35 Summarit. Awfully tiny crop (1300x1300) - should have used a longer lens.

West 95th Street. Contax 140/2.8

--Matt

cerett

645Z plus 25mm f4 DA lens. Sky is ISO 6400 @ f4 for 20 secs; foreground is ISO 800 @ f11 for 8 mins (stitching various frames for the pano in each case).
My stopwatch died while doing the foreground exposures of 8 mins, so some of these frames required counting in my head!
Ed - Another truly amazing capture! Thanks for explaining how you put this together. I am still thinking about making my way down to Sydney. Just don't when. Cheers. Marty

M

mjr

Morning

More messing about, I have an idea in my head to move away from the accurate representation of the scene towards something more ethereal, not sure I have got it yet but it's just for fun. This is playing around with multiple exposures, different shutter speeds, some camera movement etc and stacking them together to see what happens. I quite like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.