The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

pesto

Good morning Pramote. Such interesting clouds; I do not believe that I have ever seen any quite like these.
Thanks for sharing.

Dpiglas.

vieri

Cottonwood Basin at Sunset

A pretty exceptional view of one of the driest places on the planet, Death Valley, after a storm that transformed it in a salt lake for a short period of a few days or, sometimes, of just a few hours.

With the Pentax 645z and the 28-45mm. Thanks for viewing, best

Vieri

Re: Cottonwood Basin at Sunset

A pretty exceptional view of one of the driest places on the planet, Death Valley, after a storm that transformed it in a salt lake for a short period of a few days or, sometimes, of just a few hours.

With the Pentax 645z and the 28-45mm. Thanks for viewing, best

Vieri
Stunning.

Your name sounds familiar. Did I read a Leica SL review by you perhaps?

DougDolde

"Beautiful Danger"

Another from the Cholla Garden in Joshua Tree National Park. Phase One XF/IQ180, Schneider 40-80mm. Square crop.

COLOR-52.jpg

M

mjr

Morning!

Finally had chance over the last few days to try out the 120 macro MF lens on the XF, really impressed with the flexibility of this lens, does a lot of things really well. I've never played with macro before so very first test focus stacking, in the rain lying on the ground like a fool! Needs a lot more practice for sure but not a bad first attempt, 22 shots stacked.

Also used it to shoot a neighbour, a mother and daughter, the mother has really wanted to get a portrait done but was scared of looking too old, wide open this lens is just soft enough to give a flattering look, I think she looks great and was very happy with the outcome, just a single light and minimal post.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
"Beautiful Danger"

Another from the Cholla Garden in Joshua Tree National Park. Phase One XF/IQ180, Schneider 40-80mm. Square crop.

View attachment 120773
I love photographing the Cholla at Joshua Tree NP but those innocent looking little prickly balls are real b*****ds. I've never known a plant that can hook on to even the rubber parts on my hiking boots, tripod, bag not to mention stabbing you in the skin and not letting go without spilling blood.

ChrisLivsey

More film on the 500c/m, Fuji Pro400H still on the 80mm wide open. No worries about blown highlights :eek:
Beaulieu Abbey
This once thriving Cistercian Abbey was destroyed on the orders of King Henry VIII in 1538 having been founded by King John three centuries before.

PeterA

Re: Cottonwood Basin at Sunset

That's the one. Great review. I am trying to decide between the X1D and the Leica SL. Read so much on both I think I have pixels coming out of my ears :)

Very possibly I just have to rent a Leica SL for the weekend and try it out myself.
Why not both?:grin:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Good morning Pramote. Such interesting clouds; I do not believe that I have ever seen any quite like these.
Thanks for sharing.

Dpiglas.
Hi Douglas,

Thank you very much for your interest. It was somewhere in Nevada. The clouds were very dramatic. Few minutes later, it started raining followed by heavy rainy and hail storm. We had to pull over and wait until it subsided. It's quite an experience.

Best

Pramote

Ed Hurst

Hi Douglas,

Thank you very much for your interest. It was somewhere in Nevada. The clouds were very dramatic. Few minutes later, it started raining followed by heavy rainy and hail storm. We had to pull over and wait until it subsided. It's quite an experience.

Best

Pramote
It certainly is a lovely shot - dramatic and classic all at once.

Ed Hurst

Thanks John!

Today I spent a couple of hours at an old building which is pretty incredible, but, it holds some bad memories for a lot of my neighbours, an old abandoned sanatorium in the forest where I have been told a lot of bad things took place. It's a tricky situation because it's just a building and for me as a non-local, it holds no emotional connection but I don't want to offend people I know with images from a place where a lot of people died. It's a shame because I can imagine some very interesting photography here, especially with a model. Not sure I should return which is a shame, and only took a handful of shots as I had a walk around, the decay is spectacular in places.

Excellent Mat!

Ed

algrove

Hi Douglas,

Best

Pramote
Lovely image.
I have been to Nowhere ,NV, but never to Somewhere NV.

Status
Not open for further replies.