The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Nice sunset at Pa’ako Beach. the new back’s dynamic range is nice, no bracketing needed.

XF/IQ3100, LS 40-80mm at 50mm, 1.6 sec at f/16, iso 50

ChrisLivsey

"I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky;"

Before you jump in and correct me, I refer not to John Masefield "Sea Fever" where indeed the first line uses the plural - seas, but to the poem by Spike Milligan which is less well known but equally memorable:

I must go down to the sea again,
to the lonely sea and the sky;
I left my vest and socks there -
I wonder if they're dry?

Shoes and socks in some versions but vest appears in: "The Little Pot Boiler" 1963 by Spike Milligan
His title is: Return to Sorrento (3rd class)

Portra 400

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
a couple more from Maui ... about mile marker 14 on the way to Lahaina.

XF/IQ3100, Phase 75-150 at 90mm, 1.6 sec at f/32, iso 50

LS 240mm, 20 sec at f16, iso 50, 6x ND filter

Last edited:

aztwang

Then you have days like this...OMG this kid ( the evil one in the middle) was out of control..HAHA...LMAO...Still the worst day as a photographer beats the hell out of a good day in Corporate USA
EmptyName.jpg

Last edited:
M

mjr

Afternoon!

Running workshops in Iceland for the next 2 weeks, did a recce today to Aldeyjarfoss, been trying to get there for a couple of years but always in the winter and the road is often closed. Anyway, just went for a look, harsh sun but still a great spot.

Some pretty serious water flowing here.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Sunset over Pleasant Lake. Leica S(006), 24/3.5 Super-Elmarit f/6.8

This lens is a loaner, and its list price is staggering :bugeyes:. I may not be able to live without it, though. :loco:

--Matt

etrump

Not sure when I last posted so here is a couple from Vancouver and Port Renfrew.

XF3100 40-80LS

XF3100 300mm

M

mjr

Evening!

One of the most fantastic days at Dettifoss I have seen, thick fog on the drive in, so bad I wasn't sure we'd see the falls but just enough visible by the time we got there. Felt like a black and white day.

M

mjr

One more, very early this morning at Godafoss, nobody there at 6am so got the place to ourselves! Trying to avoid the traditional composition and isolate a little of the falls just as the sun was starting to hit them.

MGrayson

Mat,

That's a tough act to follow. Wonderful! What was the exposure time? The clouds above the falls look pretty sharp, but the water looks like a long exposure.

Here's another abstract from last weekend. Leica S(006), 120/2.5 APO-Macro.

--Matt

- - - Updated - - -

Love this one Matt!
Thank you, Ed. Much appreciated!

-Matt

M

mjr

Thanks Matt! It was 1/3rd of a second, there is such a large volume of water that it didn't need longer than that to blur it out completely, just got lucky that the cloud wasn't moving that much either.

Cheers

Mat

MGrayson

Just doubled your number of Flickr followers :)

Great pictures Matt
:ROTFL: Thank you! I use Flickr just to hold the photos so I can link to them from getDPI. I must be up to 20 Instagram followers by now, though :bugeyes:.

Seriously, though, I'm working on launching a real website. Yikes!

Here's another with the 24 from this morning. I'm shooting a lot of standpipes around NYC. This one is actually in front of my building and is quite unimpressive.

--Matt

Last edited:
M

mjr

Nice conversion Matt, I think standpipes are pretty cool, we don't have them here in the North.

I shot this nice old church today, not as dramatic as the mean streets of NYC!...

Status
Not open for further replies.