The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Funny story about this image:

One of my collectors, who recently purchased three of my slot canyon images, suggested I photograph the heart and showed me his iphone shot of the formation. I thought the ridge in the middle looked familiar so I went disk diving through my raw images from a 2012 visit. I found I had inadverdantly photographed the heart without realizing it.

I rotated the image and cropped to a 4x5 and hung it in the gallery for an exhibit opening last week. I've sold 4 framed prints since and had a local non-commercial gallery ask to use it as the headline for his next exhibit titled "Red".

The whole thing is a little crazy, you never know.

P65+, Cambo RS, 35mm:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Yesterday was a dismal day. The sun came out for a few moments at sunset, and the kids, being well trained, shouted "Dad! Get your camera!" The image was nice, if not stunning, but I got to use my new 24mm Super-Elmar. Here it is:

Today, I tried a never-before-noticed (by me) option in the LightRoom spot removal tool, which generates a high contrast image to make the spots stand out. That image was so striking, I screen grabbed it, inverted the black/white, did a bit of editing, and got this:

:shocked::shocked:

--Matt

stevenfr

This image was captured on a shoot in Australia. It was our second trip to this area. We spent most of our time in Tasmania (a stunning location for landscape photography). From the two shoots we sold 13 ten foot prints to a corporate client. This was one of the images in the collection.

Steven

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Building group, Battery Park, Leica S(006), 24 Super-Elmar

I worked in the building on the extreme right for exactly one year. To the day.

--Matt

malmac

Monument Valley Mitten Reflections.

Phase One IQ3 100, XF, 75-150D 8s f/11 ISO 50

Graham I was about to post a cute photo of my cat - but I will have to wait till the quality of the posts drop away a great deal otherwise puss will look a bit shabby.

This is really code for, great shots.

mal

vieri

Sunset in Comacchio, Italy

A sunset from the Valli di Comacchio, in Italy. Taken with the Leica S (007 ) and the Vario-Elmarit-S 30-90mm.

3 sec @ f/11. Best,

Vieri

malmac

Re: Sunset in Comacchio, Italy

A sunset from the Valli di Comacchio, in Italy. Taken with the Leica S (007 ) and the Vario-Elmarit-S 30-90mm.

3 sec @ f/11. Best,

Vieri
Vieri

I have been trying my hand at watercolour, so I am looking at your image through fresh eyes. What a splendid photograph and also I am highly appreciative of the composition - in my opinion a beautiful image.

Congratulations.

mal

stevenfr

I don't usually shoot sunset/sunrise imagery. However, when you get a sky like this one you can't not want to shoot it. This image is from a shoot in New Zealand as a stitched Phase One XF 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.