The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Love Darr's shot which normally I'd be fixating on myself in the Pacific NW. However, I'm in the SW so a couple from the SW on Route 66:

All IQ3 100, XF, 35 LS f11 and f16. I know that I probably should have shot with the Cambo Actus DB+& 40mm but ... time was short! The 35mm LS is basically as good or better than all of my tech cam lenses but alas no movements. Thankyou Phase One C1 Pro and keystone corrections!

Truxton, AZ:

Hackberry, AZ:

Last edited:

Deltona

Shooting in London this week, decided to concentrate on details rather than the wider view. Most used lens 210mm, weather was a tad unhelpful.Hardly anything on a tripod, as the minute you unfold one,
High viz jackets appear out of nowhere giving you grief.

CF061760.jpg

vieri

Re: Sunset in Comacchio, Italy

Vieri

I have been trying my hand at watercolour, so I am looking at your image through fresh eyes. What a splendid photograph and also I am highly appreciative of the composition - in my opinion a beautiful image.

Congratulations.

mal
Mal,

thank you very much for your kind words, I am glad you enjoyed it! :D:thumbup: All the best,

Vieri

TimG

Shooting in London this week, decided to concentrate on details rather than the wider view. Most used lens 210mm, weather was a tad unhelpful.Hardly anything on a tripod, as the minute you unfold one,
High viz jackets appear out of nowhere giving you grief.
Urgh, sounds like a nightmare - I don't know if you've seen this, but a couple of my friends have printed it out and keep a copy in their bags - might be useful;

http://content.met.police.uk/Site/photographyadvice

Charles S

Shoot with Pritha

Hasselblad 503CX with 120mm CF lens on V96C back. One speedlight with white umbrella right, reflector left

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Fine Art, Landscape, Portrait - all too good here. I must resort to sports... Leica S(006), 24 Super Elmar, shot from ground level:

--Matt

Deltona

Urgh, sounds like a nightmare - I don't know if you've seen this, but a couple of my friends have printed it out and keep a copy in their bags - might be useful;

http://content.met.police.uk/Site/photographyadvice
Indeed it is and i have read it several times, the problem is smetimes it difficult to define what is a public space, and what is actually private land that the public have enjoyment of. We were shooting by the new County hall site on the Southbank nothing of the building itself I may add, striking though it was, the light was rubbish, So i ended up shooting some graphical elements. Within a few minutes we had security having a word, we were using professional cameras etc etc. So having a discussion about commercial rights etc I blew them off, interestingly the land the public were using was privatly owned, or so I was told. Anyway it made for an interesting few minutes. God knows what would have happened if we had taken the tripods out.
CF061859.jpgCF061863.jpg

Indeed it is and i have read it several times, the problem is smetimes it difficult to define what is a public space, and what is actually private land that the public have enjoyment of. We were shooting by the new County hall site on the Southbank nothing of the building itself I may add, striking though it was, the light was rubbish, So i ended up shooting some graphical elements. Within a few minutes we had security having a word, we were using professional cameras etc etc. So having a discussion about commercial rights etc I blew them off, interestingly the land the public were using was privatly owned, or so I was told. Anyway it made for an interesting few minutes. God knows what would have happened if we had taken the tripods out.
I am afraid the security is right. That area is privately owned, and this goes for large stretches of the South Bank. I find that around Tower Bridge and London Bridge (south side) security is vigilant and I never manage to use a tripod for longer than a couple of minutes. So far they have all been very friendly and after I have explained I am not a commercial photographer they have always given me 15-20 minutes to finish my shot.

When I have been there evening and night time I have never seen any security though.

Grayhand

South end of Öland

Mamiya 6MF, 150mm, Old and bad Portra 400

Ray

[RANT]
In the deepest and darkest part of my "artistic soul" there is always burning a bright flame for this kind of photos.
If I gave it full control of what I do, this is what I would do all the time.
But I don't want to be a one trick pony. I keep it in a tight grip, so I can do other things.
But some times, it slips away from my grip and burn for a while, before i run it down and throw it back into the dungeon...

The fun thing with photos like this is they are the antitheses of pixel peeping and lpm.
Print it on a very coarse canvas 1x1 meter square to get subtle lights effects with a little help of some side light.

Then you back of at least 5 to 10 times the diagonal distans of the print and begin to really look.
And then suddenly something happens...

You can try it by really backing away from your monitor.
It`s not the real thing, but you will get the idea.
[/RANT]

TimG

Sounds like a nightmare, I actually used to live around the corner from Tower Bridge (Borough Highstreet) and occasionally took some images from around that area late at night with Film, (Fuji T64) I never had any issue with security, not even once - even with a huge 5x4 camera, however I was there mostly very late at night or early morning... By the sounds of it - that's the best time to go,

One of my shots from the area - Fuji T64

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
South end of Öland

Mamiya 6MF, 150mm, Old and bad Portra 400

Ray

[RANT]
In the deepest and darkest part of my "artistic soul" there is always burning a bright flame for this kind of photos.
SNIP

The fun thing with photos like this is they are the antitheses of pixel peeping and lpm.
SNIP
[/RANT]
Ray,

LOVE the image AND the sentiment! Reading it, I was reminded of myself in a similar mood a few years back -- whereupon having got tired with lpmm and pixel-peeping, I made a pinhole lens for my MFDB oufit. This shot at ISO 50 on a P65+ back with a home-made pinhole lens; I don't recall the exact exposure, but it was after Sunset and I believe it was on the order of 60 seconds:

I actually made two compositions from that location, but no more -- time ran out because Guy was hungry for dinner! :ROTFL:

Cheers and thanks for the reminder!

stevenfr

This image is from a shoot I did in Tasmania. I made two trips to Tasmania spending 6 weeks exploring and photographing.

Steven

BlinkingEye

Status
Not open for further replies.