The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

I took my Hasselblad 555/ELD + P45+ on a small trip to a forrest, this was the first image I made. It was shot with the Planar 100/3.5 CF. I would need something like 80mm for this shot, so I backed of a bit and made two images that I stitched vertically.

Best regards
Erik

gerald.d

Achromatic+, AF, Mamiya 50mm shift.

A little plug to visit the For Sale forum where I am selling this back!

Kind regards,

Gerald.

stevenfr

This image is from a small island off the coast of Tasmania. When I was shooting this scene I was struck by the layers of texture in this scene.

Steven

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Like southern Sweden apparently our weather here is well above normal temperature, wet and misty. So here's one from NSW last year. I feel warmer already...

XF,100,SK55

stevenfr

This image was from a shoot in Northern Patagonia. Not an easy place to shoot forest images the forest are really cluttered. I found this stand of trees after hiking up a scree slope. The winds can be just ferocious. We had the top hinge ripped off on our rented SUV after opening it and the wind grabbed the door like a sail.

Steven

stevenfr

That's the trouble with forests, you can't see the wood for the trees!

Lovely pics, nevertheless:thumbup:
Thanks for the kind feedback. I always try and find a design element and tie that in with colour and pattern in the forest. Not an easy thing to accomplish and sometimes I spend days looking for the right spot. I like the challenge and the hunting involved in finding the right spot. At times, my wife standing beside me says she can't see what I am shooting until I frame it up for her.

I will post some more from the forests in Patagonia.

Steven

pesto

This fellow, a Sand Hill Crane, visits us nearly every day and begs for dry cat food and peanuts which he will gently take from hand if offered and generally just hangs out in our front yard. He has become something of a pet over the past few years that he has been visiting... my kind of neighbor.

Leica 007 / Summicron S 100.

20170127-L1001913.jpg

20170127-L1001859.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.