The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

I'm sure it can be said for a great many places, but your lovely image of rolling, tree scattered countryside especially with darkened skies accompanied with the dusting of snow, very much reminds me of our Virginia landscape. I had wrongly assumed it was till I read your location. Nicely captured.

Dave (D&A)

Deltona

I'm sure it can be said for a great many places, but your lovely image of rolling, tree scattered countryside especially with darkened skies accompanied with the dusting of snow, very much reminds me of our Virginia landscape. I had wrongly assumed it was till I read your location. Nicely captured.

Dave (D&A)
Thanks Dave, Virginia is a place I would love to visit.

algrove

The BR f3.5. While I lust after the new BR f2.8, weight and filter size keep me using the f3.5, especially when travelling! Of course, there's absolutely nothing wrong with owning both, my dealer tells me.
Darned Dante!

Bill
Agree, weight is the #1 detractor for me. I do like having many 72mm filter similar sized lenses. Of course the 35 is in it's own world there as well as the 240. I am almost wondering if the 150+2x is worth carrying instead of the 240.

To take this weight issue a step further, I am seriously contemplating going with a tech cam +100MP where tilting might mitigate the need for focus stacking and then I am saving LOTS of weight. Perhaps you tech cam guys can chime in based on your experiences. Sure no AF and meter, but for me while shooting landscapes maybe just slowing down might make my compositions better.

It seems I carry about 40 lbs plus tripod and cube (over 2 lbs all by itself). It sure slows me down when at 6000-8000 feet coming from home where it is 18 feet above sea level. And since I have a single story home I cannot even try to acclimate to a higher altitude by living on the second floor all the time.

D&A

One of a number of comparative test shots (unretouched). Pentax 645D vs. Leica S system.
(Pentax 645D, FA 120 f4 macro)

aCIDfire

Some quick grabs with my friend´s Hassy 110/2 FE on Leica S2 with cheap adapter from eBay... all wide open..

Weird shapes in bokeh deformed "circles" even in the center parts of the frame,.. caused by the rear mounting of the lens..

Mark

stevenfr

This image was from the South Island of New Zealand. It was taken at dawn using a Phase One XF IQ3 100 camera. I know this thing has been done before, but it was fun to shoot this old dock in different light over three days. It will be part of a show I am having in Vancouver at Harrison Galleries on April 5th with 35 large scale prints. There will also be a artist talk on April 6th if you are interested contact me.

Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.