The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Bill
Nice lead in with the stone foreground.

Per another thread just wondered if you are using hyperfocal setting or just an educated setting?
Definitely with the Hyperfocal setting - I pretty much use that all the time with this lens. I set the XF/35 up using f11, but now that C1 has the diffraction correction feature, I generally set the camera at f14 to get just a little more DOF.

I think I read somewhere that this lens has a little curvature of focus at the edges. Not sure if it's true, but the lens does have a remarkable DOF such that I don't miss using a tilt lens.

mediumcool

Blast from the past (2011)

Mamiya 645AFD/Leaf Aptus 22 back w/Mamiya 70mm 1/160 unknown aperture ISO 100
My first test post linking from Tumblr—my prior pic and link site is on MLKSHK,which is closing at the end of the month

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I was trying to get the morning sun on some flowers:

Leica S(006), 35 Summarit-S

But Soup had other ideas.

70 Summarit-S

I gave up.

Leica Q

--Matt

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
It looks to me as if the image is straightened on the tree, slanting the horizon?
Geography can be a pain that way. The trees on the right look more distant, and that can create the illusion of a higher horizon. If you look at the power line tower near the right edge, it looks quite vertical.

Of course, I wasn't there, so I'll let the photographer speak :)

Beautiful capture, BTW.

--Matt

algrove

Hope not as my spirit level is wrong :)
The ground falls way right to left.
Lovely image.
I have set my images straight with spirit level only to have that type of soggy ground change the setting all on its own. The when I get home and look at it I say :wtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.