The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grayhand

Blekinge

500 CM, 150 + Mutar 2x, CFV50C

I must admit that I was surprised by the Mutar 2x
Much sharper than I expected for a X2 converter
So there will be no 250mm lens then in my Hasselblad line up

Ray

stevenfr

Something a little different. This image was taken on the south island of New Zealand. A long exposure at dawn causes the waves to blur with interesting patterns in the foreground. Camera Phase One XF IQ3 100.

Steven

D&A

"Super Moon" Rising over Marine Corps War Memorial (Often referred to as the Iwo Jima Memorial) in Arlington Va. overlooking Washington D.C.
(Pentax 645Z, FA 150mm f2.8) (Just to note: Areas of posterization occurred in posting process. Please click on image to remove).

Last edited:

Pelorus

Something a little different. This image was taken on the south island of New Zealand. A long exposure at dawn causes the waves to blur with interesting patterns in the foreground. Camera Phase One XF IQ3 100.

Steven
Great pic Steven. With the one word that I've put in bold above we know you didn't grow up in NZ. You would otherwise have used the word "in".

stevenfr

Here is another one from the same location. I don't usually shoot sunset/sunrise imagery, but it was fun shooting these boulders over a couple of days. I have been in the South Island on four different occasions over the last 13 years. On our last trip, I was very surprised at the number of tourist that have discovered NZ. Camera Phase One XF IQ3 100.

Thanks for the kind feedback on the last shot.

Steven

Deltona

So yesterday the forecast for the Lake District was for a fine day, 3.30 Am start for a 2 1/2 hour drive, brought to a halt by the M6 being shut northbound, already the gods were conspiring against me. Finally getting to my destination, I set up shop and waited for the light to come, battered by rain squalls and gusts of wind, I waited fingers crossed. Eventually the rain left me and the light came. Had a great few hours in the fells, along with exploring a disused slate quarry.

By mid morning it was a real blue sky day and I found it less appealing. Decided to head home at 2pm, got caught in the mother of all traffic jams on the M6 (again) southbound, in 8 hours I did 42 miles, finally got home at 10pm totally shattered. A day in the life of a landscape photographer.

A 3 image pano of Side Pike Pinnacle catching the first light, Mamiya 645df, Phase One p21+ 35mm with soft ND Grad and CPL.

CF064337-Pano.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Snowstorm after a very warm winter. Trees are already flowering. Leica S(006), 35 Summarit. (Sorry, no X1D, no GFX. Boring, I know... :sleep:) I'm happy to report the The S and the 35 survived two hours in a snowstorm without failure. Again, boring...

--Matt

D&A

Nice Matt, especially that 2nd image. I was hoping with the National Cherry Blossom trees ready to fully bloom in a week (almost 2-3 weeks early this years due to warm weather), that we might have a dusting or more of snow at the exact same time creating some very interesting images. Seems though the next snow storm that we might still get and surely to hit NYC, will come a bit too early next week. Strange weather indeed.

Dave (D&A)I

MGrayson

Thanks, Dave.

Indeed, the second picture is just past the Cherry Trees, which is what I went to check. I had to settle for the Forsythia.

--Matt

docmoore

So yesterday the forecast for the Lake District was for a fine day, 3.30 Am start for a 2 1/2 hour drive, brought to a halt by the M6 being shut northbound, already the gods were conspiring against me. Finally getting to my destination, I set up shop and waited for the light to come, battered by rain squalls and gusts of wind, I waited fingers crossed. Eventually the rain left me and the light came. Had a great few hours in the fells, along with exploring a disused slate quarry.

By mid morning it was a real blue sky day and I found it less appealing. Decided to head home at 2pm, got caught in the mother of all traffic jams on the M6 (again) southbound, in 8 hours I did 42 miles, finally got home at 10pm totally shattered. A day in the life of a landscape photographer.

A 3 image pano of Side Pike Pinnacle catching the first light, Mamiya 645df, Phase One p21+ 35mm with soft ND Grad and CPL.

View attachment 125403
Colour me jealous ....

If I could only drive 8 hours and find a subject worth the effort.

Beautiful picture and in my mind worth the drive.

I would recommend a single malt ... your choice after the drive ... and 400mg Ibuprofen .... sleep and coffee in the morning.

Love the picture.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.