The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Morning

Had 2 mins to grab a quick shot this morning on the way to town, looked really nice, wish I had more time! Felt like a black and white day.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Ah. Yes. Snow. We have some snow here. Awfully tame landscape, though. So we cheat. Leica S(006), 24 Super Elmar.

The real joy in Central Park is finding any expanse of snow that hasn't been trampled by the population of a small town.

I feel bad doing all this B&W. I was first attracted to the S because of its natural color. So here's one in color.

--Matt

Last edited:

stevenfr

Lovely image, where on the island did you make that?
I have been shooting the rainforest on Vancouver Island for 8 years. Specifically, the area northwest of Duncan. Currently, there is heavy logging going on and I want to photograph this area before it is gone. It is a tough place to shoot with the chaos of clutter in the forest. The spring time is best, before the big leaf maples open their leaves. Also, the forest is a vibrant green.

Last year, Phase One did a testimonial with me shooting in the rainforest with the xf IQ3 100 camera. If you want to see it, just let me know and I will post a link.

Last edited:
M

mjr

Afternoon

An absolutely amazing morning here, ran out early doors when I saw thick fog on the river. I spent 2 hours just walking around taking shots, just the perfect start to the day! Setting up to shoot this line of trees and right in the distance this guy became visible walking his dog, he's on a huge frozen river where they keep the ice clear for people to walk, I'm on the river bank. I got a good handful of shots I really like.

I have been shooting the rainforest on Vancouver Island for 8 years. Specifically, the area northwest of Duncan. Currently, there is heavy logging going on and I want to photograph this area before it is gone. It is a tough place to shoot with the chaos of clutter in the forest. The spring time is best, before the big leaf maples open their leaves. Also, the forest is a vibrant green.

Last year, Phase One did a testimonial with me shooting in the rainforest with the xf IQ3 100 camera. If you want to see it, just let me know and I will post a link.
Ah yes, I watched that video with you, it was great. I watched it after my trip to Vancouver Island last month. Definitely need to go back.

M

mjr

One more shot from this morning, this looks very nice full size.

And a quick iphone shot!

tashley

Subscriber Member
Afternoon

An absolutely amazing morning here, ran out early doors when I saw thick fog on the river. I spent 2 hours just walking around taking shots, just the perfect start to the day! Setting up to shoot this line of trees and right in the distance this guy became visible walking his dog, he's on a huge frozen river where they keep the ice clear for people to walk, I'm on the river bank. I got a good handful of shots I really like.

Love that shot. Fog and snow combined are my dream shooting conditions. Are you familiar with the work of Michael Kenna?

ChrisLivsey

I have a "new" 60mm CF lens which is cosmetically challenged, that usually means it is a good lens, no one shoots a bad lens that heavily.
Ran a quick test with the P20 back on the 500c/m, the lens is intended for film really and the crop of course neglects those corners so the P45+ is next, it performed well, this frame really just pushing the processing. Taken through a window BTW.

Quentin_Bargate

The GFS 50S + 120mm F/4 Macro OIS is an outstanding tool for botanical photgraphers. Handheld image stabilisation is exceptional

Edit: these are Hellebores. They flower very early and look quite beautiful.

Last edited:

D&A

View attachment 125712

In keeping with Quinten's theme of nature and his lovely image of flowers taken with his Fuji GFX (in his post above).

Both of these images were taken with the Pentax 645D, FA 120mm f4 macro

Last edited:

Quentin_Bargate

In keeping with Quinten's theme of nature and his lovely image of flowers taken with his Fuji GFS ( in his post above).
Super shot there, D&A! And thanks for the kind comments. Medium format is a great choice for macro with these more portable tools. And I keep writing GFS when I mean GFX :facesmack: apologies.

jecxz

My venerable Hasselblad H3DII39 with 35mm lens plus 0.9 ND Grad and a 0.6 ND Grad:

My exposure was 1.6 seconds at f20

Status
Not open for further replies.