The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

Abandoned House on a Snowy Afternoon. Along the Presidential Inaugural Route from Charlottesville Va. to Washington D.C. (Image captured in Madison Va.)
(Pentax 645D, D FA 55mm F2.8)

Last edited:
M

mjr

Morning

More heavy snow here, after a few days of mild weather and a rapid thawing it's been snowing all night and everywhere is blanketed again. A quick shot from the river this morning, playing around with black and white conversions.

D&A

In a word lovely E.J...although it most certainly deserves a bundle more positive adjectives to describe the mood and feeling of this beautiful landscape that you captured.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:
M

mjr

Evening

Unbelievable aurora here just now, came from nowhere and didn't get chance to go further than the driveway!

Trees in my garden..

Down the village, yes I know it looks a bit mad but really was that bright, only a 1.5 second exposure..

Jan

The quality of the images posted here is absurd here, making me look green in the face on many occasions. Here's my humble contribution. Both shots SWC/M with Phase One P25+

M

mjr

Morning!

Beautiful shots Jan, I loved my P25+, great back!

In stark contrast, here's a couple purely in the spirit of "fun with". Monday night is horse riding night as I take my step daughter for her lessons every week, the stables are very dark, almost no ambient light and a few old dusty strip lights, one of the benefits of the GFX for me is that it feels quite natural to use it for this candid type stuff as it's no bigger than the D810, the results are pretty good and I can honestly say that despite what I have been reading, the files are a lot better than from the Nikon, it even focusses without issue in this light, really excellent! Anyway, just a couple of snapshots, nothing artistic.

DB5

I a yet to try the Fuji but from what I have seen stands above the Nikon. That DPR article comparing them was ridiculous. The Fuji had a tonne of more detail and sure, if you don't care about that extra detail, stay with the Nikon, but, well, it seems like an obvious decision to me. Gimme the detail.

M

mjr

Sorry to keep posting shots, I'm really loving the process of playing with these files and getting what I can see in my mind transferred to the final image. Far more interesting to me than pushing images 5 stops in post or endless comparisons, I am really loving how deep and rich these files can be with very little effort. I found this old fishing shed full of rusting tools, old boats and nets hanging from the ceiling, only had a little time so took some shots handheld as a recce with a view to returning and photographing it properly. Loving the tones and depth in this, will definitely move the bench bottom right for the proper shots!

M

mjr

Afternoon

A bit more practicing, back with my grumpy 11 year old model! Found the limit of the GFX focussing capabilities with this shoot, the D810 will focus without a modelling lamp but no chance with the GFX, no problem with the lamps on of course. Working well with the Hensel strobes and liking the results. Just for fun this, processed how I wanted. Focus is bang on the eye and incredibly sharp, beautiful skin texture on the plane of focus too.

Status
Not open for further replies.