The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenfr

I spent 8 days photographing this dogwood tree. I got this image early in the morning as the fog filled the forest. I got another image on the same morning in a panoramic format, which I will post in a few days.

Steven

D&A

Arrival Of Springtime (and the small differences a few days makes between the taking of these two pics). Images captured in Central Va.
(Pentax 645D, FA 35mm)

Last edited:
M

mjr

Evening!

Interesting day of photography today, spent most of it shooting world championship snowmobiling, action stuff with Nikons and static stuff with the GFX, then my 75 year old neighbour just turned up wanting a picture, this 63mm is super sharp!

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Rainy and windy, there's not much to see outside. So here's an abstract macro, S(006), 120/2.5:

Best,

Matt

D&A

For myself, a fascinating abstract Matt. When I was scrolling down the page slowly and your image was being revealed, the first thing that came to mind
is it must be some type of partially frozen underground piping (like in the subway tunnels), with small dome lights underneath each. It took a while to realize what it probably was. That to me makes an interesting abstract...the immediate illusion of what it appears to be, but its not.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Dave,

Window guards, required by law when there are kids in the house, and a good idea even when there aren't (we're on the seventh floor), are the bane of shooting out the window, but can also provide a subject when all else fails.

--Matt

P.S. My wife prefers this one so:

Last edited:
M

mjr

Afternoon

Took the GFX on a paid job alongside the Nikons, used them for the action and longer shots but as I got a huge amount, thought I'd experiment a bit with the GFX, went for a bit of tracking with this and a slower shutter speed, came out pretty good! For anyone interested, there is zero perceptable delay in real life shooting with this camera, I did a load of 1/1000th shots and captured hurtling snowmobiles perfectly, surprised me actually! I have never shot sports so the images are what they are!

M

mjr

One more from the start line, fired as they gunned their engines and caught it immediately, really impressed with the responsiveness of the camera. Not really the type of thing for this forum but thought people might be interested in something a bit different for medium format.

Quentin_Bargate

Just a bit of experimental fun with the GFX and 32-64mm F/4 (which is a very good lens), a stiched panorama (taken in landscape format) of Liverpool St. Station Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.